• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where can I find the best Sub TT bracelet?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I love my WM9/BK Blue TT Sub. Love it a lot.
EXCEPT - the gold center links and centers of the end links incessantly develope brown splotches. I can only clean them off using a Cape Cod, but they keep coming back - in different places, the same places... no rhyme or reason. This happens even after I clean with a Cape Cod and wipe it all down with a clean cloth, then put the watch in my box and don't even wear it.
I'm at a loss for what to do.

So now - I'll have to find a really good bracelet. One with wrapped center links so those nasty stainless sides don't show. And one with good end links which will fir the gen construction of the WM9 case.

Any ideas guys? Where can I find this great bracelet to go with my great watch? - other than Rolex, of course.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Hi LMR, I've seen few sales threads about MBW TT subs that were bought from Narikaa, maybe you might want to check with Narikaa if he can sell just the TT bracelet alone?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Be prepared for what it'll cost you. But Narikaa can get you a top quality MBW TT bracelet. I just got one a while ago from him. Not cheap, but worth the price.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I got a nice Jubileee wrapped for a DJ from a seller on eBay who can supply most any Rolex bracelet, either branded or unbranded. Might be worth a try. His email is: [email protected]

He'll get back to you quickly and he's easy to deal with. Sends QC pictures if you ask. The high quality wrapped are in the $60 - $70 price ranges I think.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
lmr there is a wm9 tt version? post pics and is this one of this no longer in production or does bk still supply them?

thanks and sorry for the thread jacking.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
lmr there is a wm9 tt version? post pics and is this one of this no longer in production or does bk still supply them?

thanks and sorry for the thread jacking.

No longer around. But occasionally one comes up for sale around $900-1100 usually.

Thanks for the advice guys!
I'm going to contact Reg and also the Ebay seller KBH referred me to. My primary concern (after the mid-links being wrapped) is end link fitment. The ones now are as gen-like as any gen you'd find. Unfortunately they are turning brown as well. I'll post some pics when I get back in town.

What do you guys think about putting a TT Jubilee on a Sub? Pure heresy, or a kinda cool look?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
BUMP!
Reg can get the MBW, but it has stainless sides on the center links (a bad tell and a no-go for me). I've emailed the ebay seller KBH recommended twice with no response.

So does anyone know where I can source a two-tone Oyster bracelet for my TT Sub - one that has fully wrapped center links?

fixen

Renowned Member
3/4/11
I got a nice Jubileee wrapped for a DJ from a seller on eBay who can supply most any Rolex bracelet, either branded or unbranded. Might be worth a try. His email is: [email protected]

He'll get back to you quickly and he's easy to deal with. Sends QC pictures if you ask. The high quality wrapped are in the $60 - $70 price ranges I think.

I bought a few bracelets from him to and asked him for tt sub bracelet, but he told me the gold was very poor on them so he did not want to sell it to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
The sides of the MBW SEL are silver and not gold. At least mine is that way. If there's something new I haven't heard about it. Still. It's the best tt bracelet for longevity and durability. There are ways around the bare sided SEL issue if your willing to go the extra mile.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Like ? I did not know this and I am 100% sure it will bother me.

Yours is a WM9, right? Ok, here's what I know and what I did to make my TW tt Sub work with a MBW bracelet. First off, the MBW bracelet is really nice and very durable. It's 18k not 14k like most others as well. My TW Sub was bought from BK new as a SS sub. (I already had a MBW tt Sub at the time and knew how durable the bracelet was) I disassembled the TW SEL which is 3 separate pieces. The WM9 should be the same. I did this with 1) Loud profuse swearing, and 2) pliers wrapped with electrical tape as to not scratch the SEL up. Don't forget 1), it's very important. Once this was done, the link below the SEL has to come apart. On the backside of the bracelet I used a small screwdriver to pry open a gap between the links, and then using a small set of needle nose pliers I spread the link apart. You could use snap ring pliers as well. Then I took one of the extra links from the MBW bracelet, the TW SEL center section, and shipped them off to my gold plater (pm me for his contact) he matched the gold perfectly, and plated it heavy. When it came back, using the same process on the back of the MBW bracelet, I took the SEL off of it, and reassembled the TW center section (now plated) with the TW end links, but used the MBW bracelet instead of the TW to get the completed tt bracelet. How'd it come out? I'll let you decide from the bottom picture. Is it some work? Yes. But it's also the best way I know to make this work until somebody in China starts producing these things the right way. I've went so far as try to have a solid 18k center section cast, but the wax plug the goldsmith made for me shrunk. So much for that! Hope this helps. Pictures below.....

MBW bracelet with bare SEL sides
47d975eb-ecbc-dc91.jpg

new MBW bracelet
47d975eb-ece0-6cdc.jpg

The process before assembling
47d975eb-ecf9-564a.jpg

My plated TW SEL
47d975eb-ed2d-7a4f.jpg

Failed wax plug
47d975eb-ed3b-f494.jpg

My tt Sub
47d975eb-ee61-e006.jpg

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Anyone know if a TT Jubilee will work, or am I looking at major modding?
This bracelet is like a a frickin' unicorn. :frusty:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I just noticed I put riwi002 and it should have been [email protected].

LMR, This is probably why you didn't hear back from him. Although, it sounds like he may not have any decent ones from what I read above.

I'll put a old style hollow end link Jubilee on a Sub and get a picture for you. Coming up soon.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Could work with a little massaging of the end links. Or find the correct end links for a Sub instead of DJ. Anyway, here's an idea of what it would look like.
DSCN5055.jpg