• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chronopassion rubberclad project!

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Hey guys... I've always loved the chronopassion and rubberclad. Decided to mix both worlds and hopefully cut down on scratches as well! Received bezel and watch today, just waiting on crystal press to begin!! Super stoked. Teaser:

70070a57.jpg

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
LMAO! I was looking at that bezel and couldn't believe how horrible it looked......... then realized that the screws were missing. :D

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Thinkbachs; hahaa!

I just glued it on top of other bezel ::face palm::

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Guys.. Looking closely at the dial, the raised motif style looks slightly less pronounced then the other v5s. Also if you look closely at the logo it's not placed on like the others it's just part of the dial... I thought it was a logo plate placed on the dial like gen?? Starting to think I got old stock maybe v4... The older dials seemed to look better. Let me know. Still completing project anyways. Also if anyone has a rubber strap for roo good condition let me know. This one came all jammed on the lugs tweaking it out...
de38a83f.jpg

916af3a2.jpg

55be7fda.jpg

Thx!!

vpx

Renowned Member
2/11/10
Just Googled for pics and it looks like the gen AP logo is just printed on the dial.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Update ;(

Tried to finish up today an it worked great, BUT two flaws that are preventing me from finishing. When trying to press the crystal into the rubber bezel it's like it doesn't hold it's shape and properly hold xstal in place. I installed the bezel and the xstal came loose w barely holding the watch. Wasn't sure if there was a specific gasket for rubber clad... I used the one off the chronopassion bezel. Second, the bezel screws don't catch like on the steel bezels creating leverage to tighten the inside lug screw. Don't have the dexterity to hold a screw up top in place while screwing in the lugs from inside lol. Sucks. Going to send to vac for a relume and hopefully he can solve the xstal and bezel install issue. Pics when it gets back! Heres one half finished:

6847e607.jpg