• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How are the TimeWalker Chronograph reps?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
... the sunken datewheel does kinda suck, but only when you're holding it up to the window comparing it to the gen outside an AD. other than that, it's more than fine...

I believe that a qualified watchsmith can fix that problem without too much trouble if someone wanted to have it done. Perhaps trading the movement out with a 7753? At this point I'm just regurgitating something I read for something else- I haven't a clue if I know what I'm talking about. :p

samura

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/08
Sorry to revive this thread, but does anyone knows if there is a Quartz TimeWalker Chrono with the same dimensions and dial as the 7750 version?

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Hi, I have both and yes, they are basically the same size. However, the A7750 may be a mm or so thicker. Just to let you know, the quartz is a good watch and resolves the sunken date issue, but the automatic is still a better made watch. I hope this helps!

fspot

Known Member
11/11/10
EU
I have the black dial chrono with rose gold hands and numerals. I don't mind the sunken datewheel. It's an amazing rep. The biggest problem with it, IMHO, is the lack of AR coating. I had an AR job done on it and it makes a HUGE difference. For me, the quality of the AR coating on any watch is what makes it look like the real deal.

Picture_030.jpg

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
The steel case versions are good, the gold are not.

All the rep maker has done is to plate the steel version and you are left with a "gold watch" which with big letters state STAINLESS STEEL.

Whereas the other tells can barely be spotted by 1% of people out there, this one would be obvious to the other 99%.

bobbyrutgers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/12
I have the black dial chrono with rose gold hands and numerals. I don't mind the sunken datewheel. It's an amazing rep. The biggest problem with it, IMHO, is the lack of AR coating. I had an AR job done on it and it makes a HUGE difference. For me, the quality of the AR coating on any watch is what makes it look like the real deal.

Picture_030.jpg

very nice watch. how much does an AR job cost at your local watch servicer btw? thanks

fspot

Known Member
11/11/10
EU
The AR job was done by fine dd. I don't know if he's still around. Contact him for a price for your watch.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Noob are putting A7753s in these soon so no more sunken datewheels!

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Id c and r that, coz the 7753 is the one to have. I hope they do it this year, but could be next year as they are so busy.

repnew

Horology Curious
25/3/12
Hi Guys,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the timewalker chrono with 2 subdials. I'm also interested in the newer 7753 movement - any idea when?

Also, the posting date is 2008 on puretime. I seemed to have read that the older 7750 movements are not as reliable. Especially since it has been 4 years since the build date.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as this is my first rep!
thx

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Oredered mine from Mary (silver dial 3 subdial with A7750) back in June and it has the newer version of the A7750 with the regulator as well.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Angus said very soon so should still be this year even with all the crackdowns. Im happy to wait.

repnew

Horology Curious
25/3/12
Thanks for that, I think I will be waiting as well.

Also, is Mary a TD?