• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

InGold dial held by U.S. Customs?

jphendren

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/12
Hello,

Several weeks ago I ordered a Rolex 1016 dial from InGod, and so far it has not shown up. Stuff usually arrives in about a week. So this morning I decided to track it and see this:

1zol2qa.png

Does this mean that it is going to be taxed, or possibly seized?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I think you have to wait for them to contact you but yes, it looks like it is being taxed. They are probably waiting for a value from one of their agents. Is it gen?

jphendren

4/5/12
No rep. If they think its gen, then the tax will probably be more than I paid for it. A gen gilt 1016 dial runs over $2,000. Do I just ignore them if they contact me?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
They might just ask you for an invoice. You can send them the PP information and hopefully only charge you for that cost. However the fact that they appear to have opened it is not good :/

jphendren

4/5/12
Surprisingly, the dial showed up a few hours after this thread was started yesterday. It had not been opened, or tampered with. I guess those tracking pages are not too accurate.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Not surprised at all actually, glad you got it mate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Damn, way to make you sweat it. Glad you got it man.:sub4me:

Craig88

Renowned Member
25/8/11
I doubt there is much they can actually do. There is no way they have a watch expert on site verifying every watch/dial etc that comes through and secondly you can always claim you got it at a bargain price as it was pre-owned. I'm pretty sure they have no idea what the various rolex dials sell for pre-owned.

I've actually wondered if they could do anything to your watch if you state it is franken. Ie the dial is real but the rest of the non-branded parts are cheaper. Surely a franken, provided there is no other branding on the watch is legal?