• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Negative experience from PureTime

eawtan

Horology Curious
15/12/11
Hi all,

I'm not going to write a long story on what happened.
I bought 2 reps from puretime and had the most horrid experience in my life.
Never before in my life did I feel that anyone could treat a paying customer so poorly.

Hope others have better luck than me ...

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Hi all,

I'm not going to write a long story on what happened.
I bought 2 reps from puretime and had the most horrid experience in my life.
Never before in my life did I feel that anyone could treat a paying customer so poorly.

Hope others have better luck than me ...

This is not how you should deal with this issue if you want to be a long time member of this community.

If you have a problem, contact one of the admins or mods, any of them will help you. As such a noob, try trailboss first :D

Then, if your problem is solved (it will be, if you were right, believe me!) write a review here, stating all facts and telling the full story.

What you just wrote is a "lie" to me, a silent shout into the darkest night. Worthless.
:picard:

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
if wanting to point out something negativ please be more specific

This post is useless :facepalm:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
My friend none is going to take into serious consideration this post or you without any details...

So explain yourself and there are many people here that will help you if indeed there is a problem.

eawtan

Horology Curious
15/12/11
I foolishly believed the web description of a pam292k 1:1 to be "1:1 replicated", water resistance >50M . Paid extra to get it water checked -- and when it arrived, leaked horribly, no case gaskets at all , crown leaked too .....

I've fedback and the final answer was "this model is not water resist", I've also fedback to get the web description changed (several months ago) , but it's still the same today .

Not everyone will come to a rep website, read up every FAQ, every note .. most newbies will just go in, believe the web description , jump and get disappointed.

Most countries are strict on proper item description, customer protection etc , however it doesn't seem the case here....

:picard:

Is it acceptable for repairs to take up to 3months ?

I expect a certain level of professionalism by all traders , but it seems the be lacking in this industry.

Also, I find it unacceptable for traders to take the attitude of
"it's a rep, expect quality to be super low , don't expect it to work well/at all" as part of the after sales service/support.

Am I expecting too much ? But hey many of the reps here cost more than some automatic citizens I own which are excellent timekeepers, decent quality at a low cost ....

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Paying for water protection is throwing money away.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Am I expecting too much ? But hey many of the reps here cost more than some automatic citizens I own which are excellent timekeepers, decent quality at a low cost ....

then stay with your citizens...:facepalm:

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Most countries are strict on proper item description, customer protection etc , however it doesn't seem the case here....

You do know this is a counterfeit item right? I doubt the chinese government has a quality and accuracy in advertising of fake watches department... Just sayin....

then stay with your citizens...:facepalm:

I love my citizen!

aqualand.jpg

Citizen will no longer service it for waterproofing, so they offered me half off of any watch, got thier sky-hawk AT, E-bayed it and bought a pam 088 ultimate. ;)

I have to almost thank them for getting me into this hobby. :maty:

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
A). You have a right to be unhappy, because you were duped.
B). Every dealer, even the trusted ones here, use "1:1", "water tight", "made using a genuine watch as an example", etc in the descriptions of watches which are none of these things. It's part of that industry. And no dealer wants to be the only one on the web selling watches which are not 1:1, not water resistant, etc.
C). If you spent some time on the forums before jumping in, you would learn very quickly that NO rep is 1:1, NO rep is water resistant until you personally have it tested, NO extra services from a dealer are ever worth it, and that returning a watch for repair/replacement will typically take 2-4 months.
D). You cannot expect Amazon type customer service, honesty, and promptness when buying illegal goods from the other end of the world. You cannot expect honesty and integrity from pirates and thieves.
E). You Citizens will continue to prove much better watches than any rep, as will Seiko, Timex, Invicta, etc. You don't buy reps to buy a really good, well constructed, über-reliable watch. You buy reps to LOOK like other watches you admire but can't/won't spend the money for. Most have adequate build quality and are pretty reliable, but none to the standards of even lower-end gens.
F). PM a Mod or open a ticket at the help desk, and they'll help you sort it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eawtan

Horology Curious
15/12/11
Citizen will no longer service it for waterproofing, so they offered me half off of any watch, got thier sky-hawk AT, E-bayed it and bought a pam 088 ultimate. ;)

U could have bought the replacement gaskets from the agent, and get ur friendly (independent) watchmaker to install and do a waterproof check ...

Paying for water protection is throwing money away.

How nice of puretime to offer it as an option ....

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
U could have bought the replacement gaskets from the agent, and get ur friendly (independent) watchmaker to install and do a waterproof check ...

No gastkets available. but it has been checked and is waterproof but I don't risk it anymore, it's been through hell and back with me, literally.

none of my reps get wet. Well execpt for my sinn.

You should have followed your own advice and you wouldn't be here my friend.

BrinEter

30/4/12

You should complain to authorities. Hmm, well, no, don't do that, most countries also consider reps as illegal...

I don't want to make fun of you, I'm really sorry for your bad experience. You had a bad luck concerning your PAM and water resistance, that is unfortunately a problem everyone might expect when buying a rep. Best method is to make it water test at a local watchsmith if you can.

Concerning newbies that might been disappointed, this place and other Rep forums are there to explain everything to newbies. I'm a newbie, and after reading a little, I think I now know what to expect and what not to expect when dealing with reps. This will probably not prevent me from being disapointed in the future, but it helps me to be prepared. :) BTW, my first order from PureTime is on it's way, so I hope I will be more lucky that you have been. `

You write it took 3 months for repair, so you sent it back and your dealer fixed the problem? If so, this is not too bad.. OK, that's long, but patience is a virtue.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
A couple advices:
-never trust in water resistance unless you or your paid watchsmiths does it. simple
-never send for repair to chinese dealer a watch unless it has a serious problem. go and find a watchsmiths who works on replicas as well, the full service of the 292 should not be more than usd 50-100 and you are fine.
-if something goes wrong with a movement in your watch, do buy a new one, its not worth to start tampering with parts.... IMO
-patience, patience and patience......... they are Chinese guys dealing with COUNTERFEIT/ILLEGAL items. do not forget this!!!

Give them a try, and ALWAYS ask questions before you do something you are not familiar with. Some learn it the hard way, some do a bit of research and reading and learn from the mistakes/advices of others.

If the watch is still with PT, CONTACT A MODERATOR/ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Then how is it there are "trusted dealers" ???

Trusted dealers have proven themselves to deliver the correct watch and/or make any issues right. And they have committed to work with our Mods to remedy problems.
This doesn't mean we put blind trust in all TDs. We still have to research watch versions and inspect to ensure we got what we ordered.
In short, it's kinda like dealing with Attorneys. A good one is one that won't screw you as badly/blatantly as the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
LMR my friend - I just love your posts :wub:

Always so redeeming... :)

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Lots of good advice from the guys here, read it and then read it again, seriously.