• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first 1655 Explorer II

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
First time I've worked on one of these. Picked up two of them from Reg for a decent price.

Narikaa Explorer II
Drilled lug holes to accept gen spec bars
Trimmed crownguards
Clark Cyclop 114 crystal for 1570 movement (cyclop slightly to the left unfortunately)
Full case ageing, edges softened full re-polish
Dial aged + re-lumed

Waiting on some drill bits to finish off the bracelet mod.

s0BbU.jpg

zBphB.jpg

vqTfe.jpg

wDrdq.jpg

ePNeF.jpg

8rJVQ.jpg

fqzRF.jpg

vmEfu.jpg

EulGL.jpg

x99mC.jpg

3GAtn.jpg

OC6A8.jpg

qIMdX.jpg

r2fx6.jpg

Well my 2.1mm drill bits arrived today and I finished up the bracelet modding to accept the gen spec springbars.

20qYz.jpg

mSiDf.jpg

8cQlq.jpg

hClrR.jpg

NIeMp.jpg

LAi9A.jpg

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Lookin' good. Nice job on the lume!

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Really like the drill work and the finish :) To bad with the crystal/cyclops

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yeah, I'm happy with the case work, still need to practice my crownguard shaving. This was my first attempt really. Also my first ever case with drilled lug holes. I need to find a different crystal it seems. Which is a shame as the clarity of this one compared to the rep crystal is amazing.

RolexAddict

Dealer (watch buildings)
Trusted Dealer
27/10/07
Yes, excellent job,

Great creamy lume color,

CG work is not so easy, even working with photos or with a gen, as the design is different from one watch to another one, depending polishing

Lot of time material need to be removed from under the CG,

also if you change for a gen 6mm crown, the CG area will look complete different,

anyway, great job !!!

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
How does this one from Narikaa compare to Josh's or "The Cartel" since Josh isn't a TD here? The one from Josh seems to be the one people are using for the base when doing 1675 conversions or for these vintage 1655 builds. How different is Narikaa's?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I have another one I'm working on right now, I'll take some shots of the case parts. Nothing special though.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well my 2.1mm drill bits arrived today and I finished up the bracelet modding to accept the gen spec springbars.

20qYz.jpg

mSiDf.jpg

8cQlq.jpg

hClrR.jpg

NIeMp.jpg

LAi9A.jpg

adamgill794

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/5/12
A famous orange goat introduced in early seventies. I have heard lots of things about that goat and I also very excited to know about more information of that goat.

www.goatsrus.con

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Feck off spammer. Post utter crap and hope someone clicks the link in your sig. You call that SEO?

paulbrichter

29/3/11
Any tutorials or tips/tricks on HOW you get your square lume so square?! Great job man. Love it.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's not even close to being as straight edged as I'd like. Just used the smallest poker I had.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

kavlares

Renowned Member
5/6/15
everytime I read through this... I drool... and imagine that one day I will ask you to make one for me too...

wonderful_mayhem

8/5/15
Really well done. I have a explorer II (noob) I am doing something similar too as well. This gives me some motivation to finish it. Question: did you use a drill press to drill the case for the spring bars? That's the one piece of gear I need to invest. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from the RWI mobile app