• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stuck at UK customs

nige76

31/8/10
Hi all

My package has been waiting for customs clearance for 10 days now at Coventry in the UK, anyone having similar problems?

Just wondering is it better to wait this out or contact parcelforce to see if they can locate parcel?? I'm hoping its just long delays at Coventry rather than customs have taken an interest?

Anyone have any ideas as to the best approach - I'm tempted to wait as I don't what to bring attention to the parcel?

Cheers

Nige

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
I hope it's just a back-log. I've been waiting 5 weeks for a watch from Australia. Unfortunately the number given to me by the sender was not a tracking number.

Could be a postman out there wearing a nice Omega Seamaster rep.

Keep waiting and see. Phil

nige76

31/8/10
Thanks Phil
I'm hoping its a backlog too. EMS tracking says it got to the UK in 3 days - there is a number for customer service for parcelforce but not sure if it's sensible to call given the contents!

They say patience is a virtue.

Hopefully I'll be able to report back good news.

The package is from PureTime - so I think I'm ok if it does get held as Puretime policy is to replace the items - I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

Cheers

navik

Supporter
Certified
13/8/11
I've been reading this more and more lately. Some seem to think it's because of the upcoming Olympics and other factors as well. My guess is that you will have your watch soon :)

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
My recent watch was stuck in customs for about 5 days...never taken that long!
I think we can just blame the olympics...not sure why but hell we gotta blame someone or something.
I think you shouldn't worry about the watch being seized by UK customs, just a matter of sitting tight.

ChrisKibbleDJ

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/12/11
Iv been buying reps for 6 years and lost count how many i have ordered from China, never once has it taken longer than 2 days (normally 1) to pass Coventry customs then at my door the next day, Could be due to the Olympics as i am sure they will be checking ALOT more very carefully as we all know it is a massive terrorist threat.

Doubt you'll have it seized though buddy, i am sure they have a lot more important things to deal with than a watch at the moment.

nige76

31/8/10
EMS, its not the shipping company I don't think more delays at UK customs - tracking suggests packaged arrived in UK within a few days of leaving China

m3nster

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
United States
maybe the upcoming olympics has something to do with it? Since customs probably triple checking everything I bet.

nige76

31/8/10
Finally arrived, phew!
Package looks like its been run over my a small car but watch looks great!

So I guess it could be Olympics messing with delays in customs

Thanks for all your words of support was beginning to get worried for a while there.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I've had a package from Silix sitting somewhere since the 17th, thats 12 days now without sign of it. Tracking ends once it hits UK. No tracking info from Royal Mail either...

Perpetual_One

Supporter
Certified
8/4/10
UK
Wouldn't worry to much I had one 10 days. Turns out customs checked then charged me import duty on the rep watch lol.

Mem0rex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/5/11
Guys, you must call at Parcelforce so that it goes faster

My status has since the 22-05-2012 not changed International Hub Received and processed

Today I phoned Parcel Force and now is the status National Hub Received and processed.

29-05-2012 18:41 National Hub Received and processed
22-05-2012 09:46 International Hub Received and processed
20-05-2012 19:43 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
20-05-2012 19:42 International Hub Received in destination country
16-05-2012 09:00 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Ems goes through parcelforce once its in the uk?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12