• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

possible to sorce a gen super avenger case?

Glock17

Renowned Member
26/3/12
Is it possible to find a breitling super avenger case on the market?

do they come often or never? is it possible to buy a new at ad? how much do they retail for?

why i was thinking about it is becuse that i got a super franken sa already and i want it to be 100% :)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Yes. But what is wrong with the rep ? Considering the price of SA's on the used market, it's better off to buy a GEN, than build a full Franken. I know. I've built three.

doni01

26/12/08
Gen SA Middle Cases are very hard to come by, but they do. It will run you about $1000.....

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Personally I would just go for a gen dial, spending money for a steel bezel or case is just silly, specially is it's going to cost more than $600-$1,000. Invest in an ETA 7750 instead.

Glock17

Renowned Member
26/3/12
I already have

Gen dial, all 6 hands, ETA 7750 movement, bezel, buckle

But now i want it to be water resistant so i thought that if i make it to 1 piece case and repress the crystal and buy gen pushers then i think it Will pass 20atm

Do you guys now where to Find gen pushers?:) i looked at ofrei but he dont have i think

JFM

18/2/11
This is just my opinion but I want to state it. Snorkeling, swimming, or diving with a chrono, Gen or rep, is risky. Even GEN chronos often have issues when taken into the water. I read stories all the time about people that get cloudiness under the crystal when taking their chrono's in the water. And... Gen or rep, you never want to use the pushers when in the water. In my opinion, do not take a chrono into the water. There are too many leakage points on a chrono. I think you would be better off with a 3 hand auto when it comes to the water. JMO

doni01

26/12/08
This is just my opinion but I want to state it. Snorkeling, swimming, or diving with a chrono, Gen or rep, is risky. Even GEN chronos often have issues when taken into the water. I read stories all the time about people that get cloudiness under the crystal when taking their chrono's in the water. And... Gen or rep, you never want to use the pushers when in the water. In my opinion, do not take a chrono into the water. There are too many leakage points on a chrono. I think you would be better off with a 3 hand auto when it comes to the water. JMO

Well said !!!!!!!
Now as far as your project goes, it's not that simple :) Not only you will need the Gen Pushers, but you will also need a Gen Crown and Gen Crystal+Gasket etc .....

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I had all the above on my first Franken. When I sat and totalled what everything cost, I had invested the same amount of money , as to what a GEN used SA would've cost me. I have seen them in the low $2000's. Save your money. Doni01 has sourced many parts for me. If you ever need anything, he is the go to guy !

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08

^^^GREAT advice.

Plus they were made for flying, not swimming. Get a SOSF if you want to swim with something. Or the new 42mm explorer

P8B

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/09
i have had close to 20 different franken SA's pr maybe even more pass through my hands and 1 Gen as well... Ive only risked swimming with one that i had VAC test out and even then i was nervous...

On a different note and again this is my opinion (and what im starting to do again as well) is that the case is over kill... if you want all parts gen then go Gen....

The thing with the franken is even with a swiss 7750 and a gen strap you have already crossed the 1500-1700 mark and are bout 800-900 shy of a used gen

Im building 2 at the moment with A7750s and my specs are

- Gen dials
- Gen Bezels
- Gen Straps
- Serviced 7750s

doni01

26/12/08
I had all the above on my first Franken. When I sat and totalled what everything cost, I had invested the same amount of money , as to what a GEN used SA would've cost me. I have seen them in the low $2000's. Save your money. Doni01 has sourced many parts for me. If you ever need anything, he is the go to guy !

Hey bud, nice seeing you here :) I completely agree with your advice !! Unfortunately, prices on Parts these days are not what they used to be anymore. No reason to go crazy, unless you are getting them for nothing. I would be more than happy to go with, Dial, Bezel, Hands and Movm.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Exactly Doni. We've seen prices double on basic items. Sometimes I think Breitling read these forums and saw the watches being created. It certainly just is not cost efficient.

S65, there is no such thing as a water proof watch.

desairs

Horology Curious
29/5/12
Good thing I don't wear my watch swimming. I paid about $800 for my franken Super Avenger. If I had to pay another $1000 I think I could get a gen one. Just buy the Gen!

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Thats a very good thread as now I'm thinking how to move towards in an SA project: build a franken or just buy the gen. Excellent repies.

Gen is the way.

Thx all.

Glock17

Renowned Member
26/3/12
i now got this parts

v3 case
Gen dial
Gen hands (all 6)
Gen bezel
Gen b13 movement
Gen buckle
soon a genuine gator strap (when i find one)

if i get a gen case then my watch is gen :p