• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer II, how is it these days?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I think were all getting confused here. There are two new versions out. The 40mm version is the one BK will be offering. Gen style bezel construction and both white and black dials have a wonky 12 marker.

There is also the new syperlume 42mm version that is pretty good.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
I'm after the 42mm super lume version. But I keep finding the old model.

Pllllleeeeeeaaaaasssse hook me up with a link to the right one!:cry:

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Ok, my understanding is that there are at least two reps of the recently launched 42mm Explorer II:

Old version: http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/explorer-ii-216570-2011-ss-black-dial-bracelet-42mm/

Updated version: http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/rlx-2012-04-10-03/

I have two versions of this rep, which I should point out, I didn't buy from puretime. But they do look similar to the ones above. Here's a side by side comparison shot. New one on the left, older on the right (sorry about the phone pic)...

photoLarge-2.jpg

I actually think that the dial and GMT hand are better on the old version (the colours seem closer to pics I have seen of the gen - but I must admit, I haven't compared them to a gen in person, so I may be wrong). The hands, lume, cyclop and bezel are better on the updated version.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Thanks all, I love the red paint on the gears in the Rolex clone movement! That's awesomely dodgy!!!!

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
All good, Bonesey!

It does look very close to the gen, even the hand colour doesn't seem as far off as some have said.

Have ordered a Rolex clone (love the painted wheels....) from PT. I am going to try very hard not to pull this one to bits for modding........ I wonder if I will succeed?

Ferris

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/12
I'm also looking for the best explorer II out there but I'd go for the 40mm version. Of course ie seen BK's thread but I was wondering wether the version Trevor sells for example is the same one as BK's but not modded? Because the crown triangle issue only seems to exist with BK's. Does anyone have any recommendations?

johndoe

3/7/09
If you're still looking contact Sead. He has the best version and his service is great.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
I thought Sead's has a bigger crown? Your QC pics were off...

Ferris

22/3/12
But you seem to talk about the white version, I'm looking for the black one. I'm a little confused, there seems to be the latest version (2011) which is superlumed from the factory. This is the noobversion, right? What are the differences to BK's Explorer? Are they the same just modded by him?

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
I just bought a Polar 16570, waiting to get it in the mail.

I will compare with my Gen Black PVD.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
A TD from RG, Andrew from trusty time.

Got it. Thanks! I'm a Spartan, so I know Andrew well. I just don't usually spend much time here, that is until this recent RG outage. ;)

That would be awesome if you could post some remarks about this one with your gen once you receive it. Maybe over on RG too.