• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

James Bond "Vintage" Rolex Pics

Tanto91

30/3/12
I haven't seen anyone post pics of one of these done up with the strap and all so I figured I would just for fun. I know the strap should have the cloth keeper and should prob be a 16mm instead of 18mm, but good luck finding one! Since the exact strap isn't available, I just went with my preference...the hands should be bigger as well and the spring bars are too skinny, but hey, its pretty damn close! Enjoy!

1-IMG_7617.JPG

2-IMG_7618.JPG

3-IMG_7626.JPG

4-IMG_7623.JPG

5-IMG_7632.JPG

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Very nice. Where did you source the case?

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
A little more mod here and there and you're set. Congrats.

BrinEter

30/4/12
I really do appreciate these kind of vintage Sub, very nice look, congratulations!
Any idea of where to source such one is welcome.

Tanto91

30/3/12
Well, I ordered this before I knew about RWI and therefore bought it from a non-TD but the experience was fine, actually. However, if I were to do it over again, I'd buy this watch from Silix http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_158_226&products_id=3641 and just change the bezel insert. You should be able to find a "Bond style" insert on Ebay for about $35. Not sure how the swap would be tho b/c mine came with the correct insert already on it...I don't think these bezels are "removable" and dont know if the insert is glued in or what...?

Also, one issue I suspect everyone is going to have with this watch is the crown. The way it is machined, it is ever so slightly lop-sided. I emailed the seller of the watch about this, thinking it was just a problem with my watch, so he sent me a new crown...guess what? It was exactly the same as the one I already had...lop-sided. Its not terrible but its enough that sometimes when you screw the crown in, it actually touches the bezel and keeps it from turning. I'm working on a source for a non-lop-sided 8mm crown now and think I may have one but its hard to know if even that one would have the same problem since they could all be made in the same place.....but who knows....oy.

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
Well, I ordered this before I knew about RWI and therefore bought it from a non-TD but the experience was fine, actually. However, if I were to do it over again, I'd buy this watch from Silix http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_158_226&products_id=3641 and just change the bezel insert. You should be able to find a "Bond style" insert on Ebay for about $35. Not sure how the swap would be tho b/c mine came with the correct insert already on it...I don't think these bezels are "removable" and dont know if the insert is glued in or what...?

Also, one issue I suspect everyone is going to have with this watch is the crown. The way it is machined, it is ever so slightly lop-sided. I emailed the seller of the watch about this, thinking it was just a problem with my watch, so he sent me a new crown...guess what? It was exactly the same as the one I already had...lop-sided. Its not terrible but its enough that sometimes when you screw the crown in, it actually touches the bezel and keeps it from turning. I'm working on a source for a non-lop-sided 8mm crown now and think I may have one but its hard to know if even that one would have the same problem since they could all be made in the same place.....but who knows....oy.

Nice watch!
Raffles time on ebay has the 8mm crown, there are other options..but alot more expensive.
You are correct about not messing with the bezel. That one is not gen construction, but rather..the octogon wire/paperclip style and pretty hard to get back on.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I love it. Looks like a lot of fun to wear. :)

BrinEter

30/4/12

Thanks for informations. One of these days, I'll try to pick up such a vintage look watch... I especially appreciat the bezel on your model.