• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Special Edition Sub

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
Have you guys seen this bad boy. I really like the way they use both roman and normal numbers. Wonder if anyone will rep this someday.

Submariner_California_b-2.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If anywho reps it, I'm sure WatchEden or TimeShop will. :lol:

oldtools

Renowned Member
14/6/11
Looks nice! Rolex calls that type of dial a "California Dial". They have been using it for a long time...since the 30's? I like it on the submariner.

SecretAgentMan

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/12
I dont like roman numbers on my dial so its not for me.........I do like the ovd look with the green second hand which isnt the same green that the gmt 2 C's use.

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
California dials are awesome...yet, no date aperture means a no go for me.

constantwatch

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/11
California dials are awesome...yet, no date aperture means a no go for me.

Did Rolex ever produce a California dial with a date window? Perhaps maybe on a few of their military models?

D

d4m.test

Quite frankly, I've never seen this style of Rolex Sub, and I've never seen it listed on the official Rolex.com website, which I visit quite often. In all seriousness, is this REALLY a gen? Thanks.

dave

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
It's a gen modified my this company called bramford.

I haven't seen California dials on any rep sites. I have never liked subs but this dial really does it for me, does anyone have them?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I think that's an ugly watch. The stock version is much cleaner looking to me. That baby crap green second hand, where'd that come from? To each his own. I'll bet that things pricey too.

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
Did Rolex ever produce a California dial with a date window? Perhaps maybe on a few of their military models?

Nothing with an auto movement. Most on the market now are refinished dials with a 17 jewel Tudor movement.

05tbowner

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/9/10
You guys have nothing to worry about. It's a photoshop, not a real watch. Sorry.