• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Marina 292, first vintaged watch

skysurfer78

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/5/10
Hy guys,

few weeks ago my mate Pat77 brougth me back to reps and now I am again "back on the needle". Thanks for that :notworthy:

So here is the first rep I vintaged, my 292 Marina Militare. In the first step I just wanted to lume and waterproof her, but as she laid there in front of me, totally fragmented, I decided to do my first "Vintage Mod".

dsc_0049.jpg

As I had some of my old modelbuilding colors, I tried some mixes and think the result is not that bad. The place where the magic happend :)

dsc_0053.jpg

Some seconds under the sunbed to check the lume:

dsc_0054.jpg

dsc_0056.jpg

And here is the watch after putting everything together again:

dsc_0069.jpg

dsc_0072.jpg

dsc_0073.jpg

THX for watching, comments are welcome ;)

pat77

Banned
16/4/12
Nice making and cool Pictures! :thumbsup:

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Thats a pretty "extreme" example.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'd call that more abused than vintagized.
How on earth could a dial get that bad - especially with everything else so pristine.
Don't mean to be critical. If you like it then wear it in good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
I'd call that more abused than vintagized.
How on earth could a dial get that bad - especially with everything else so pristine.
Don't mean to be critical. If you like it then wear it in good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just being nice......... ;)

saga

19/9/11
Planet Earth
Hmm, for me, that have nothing to do with vintage. The dial is broken now lol. But you must like it ;)

skysurfer78

Banned
9/5/10
I was aiming for a extreme example for the first test. But as always, if you don´t do it the same way as everyone does and your are on the false way....

THX for being nice frigpig :facepalm:

diegosaenz

28/12/11
I really enjoy the look of the case, the dial is a bit much for me, nonetheless a unique piece!

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
I'd say this is pretty interesting case of vintagizing. Although I would have spread the paint evenly over the dial, rather than just being somewhat clumped in the middle. I know you did this to avoid damaging the lume, but it looks a little uneven.

Cool style though!

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
I know you did this to avoid damaging the lume, but it looks a little uneven.

Nope, it's a sandwich dial that I assume he split before the paint. The indices look "resin" filled. Maybe not though. Looks like sand or something was sparkled on the dial and it may not have been split.

I never thought there would be so many comments on this thread when I first read it. ;)

MrSteed

Known Member
10/3/12
Dial did not turn out too good. The case looks purple. If you like it, more power to you.