• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Running slow

dznrguy

Known Member
3/4/12
So, I just bought this Milgauss super clone from Puretime. It's running about 12-13 sec slow. Send for a servicing? Open it up and inspect (i'm a noob though)? Or just live with it ... that's what you get / normal for a rep?

Chime in gents.

Thanks in advance.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
First off, let the movement run for a couple of weeks to break it in. You'll find these movements will settle in a bit. If it continues to run slow, there are threads in the Tutorial section regarding do it yourself movement regulation. If you're not comfortable, one of the forum watchmakers can probably help you out. In fact their is an approved watchsmith in Canada.

For the time being, just set the watch a minute or so ahead for now. ;)

Here's the link:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/victors-canadian-watch-289

dznrguy

Known Member
3/4/12
I considered Victor, but I wanted to know if it was a normal thing that it'd be running that slow. Or maybe something wrong. Thanks for the advice.... I'll let it settle for a few and see how it keeps up after a couple of weeks.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
in all honesty, 1 minute slow in 5 days is not so bad.......let it settle and see where it ends up, should be easy adjustment

dznrguy

Known Member
3/4/12
Cool, thanks for the advice guys. I've been reading a lot, but wasn't sure what to expect on the actual timekeeping. I'll fill you in if it gets poorer.

blind-m

I'm Pretty Popular
21/3/12
Put it crystal up on the nightstand to speed it up overnight...

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
in all honesty, 1 minute slow in 5 days is not so bad.......let it settle and see where it ends up, should be easy adjustment

+1
The usual acceptable range for gen are +30/-30 sec