• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor rep modding questions

horn34

31/3/12
I've fallen in love with Tudors, but I don't have the scratch to build a $1500 beauty right now. I bought this rep from PureTime (Vintage Tudor Submariner 7928 Yellow Lume Dial A21J) http://puretime.co/p...lume-dial-a21j/

I'm not in love with the face and I'm wondering if it's possible to replace anything, like the face/hands/bezel with spares?

I'm looking for parts at http://www.yukiwatch...tudor_dial and ebay, but I'm not sure it's even feasible. Help?

d1462f51.jpg

crossbones

I'm Pretty Popular
3/6/10
Build a Snowflake Sub

Rolex 5513 from Angus - $118
Tudor Submariner black dial. with Snowflake hand set of Yukiwatch - $168
Tudor replacement rotor for submarine from Yukiwatch - $28
Springbar Pins from Yukiwatch - $4
Clark Crystal Ref. # 25-125 125 For Rolex New - $13
GEN ETA Movement Caliber 2824-2 cost me $130

8e997fa9.jpg

bdb1dc63.jpg

96fce8a4.jpg

HOOK EM HORNS BTW :D

horn34

31/3/12
Build a Snowflake Sub

sweet, thanks! PM sent

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
Stop show this kind of thing.

I'm low with the money, and one of my next projects will be a Tudor Snowflake.

All in all, congrats.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
I've fallen in love with Tudors, but I don't have the scratch to build a $1500 beauty right now. I bought this rep from PureTime (Vintage Tudor Submariner 7928 Yellow Lume Dial A21J) http://puretime.co/p...lume-dial-a21j/

I'm not in love with the face and I'm wondering if it's possible to replace anything, like the face/hands/bezel with spares?

I'm looking for parts at http://www.yukiwatch...tudor_dial and ebay, but I'm not sure it's even feasible. Help?

Well, you might have gone for the wrong watch, if your intention was starting an ETA based project like any Tudor should be, so 1stly I'd buy the eta version of your watch and sell the 21j.
The snowflake is a complicated build, Yuki has some nice parts, their case sets really need some shaping and their hands arent snuffy at all. You can find better ones on the bay. Dials are nice, I'd pick a 9401 dial, so you can bypass the dw issue. Or source a nice red dw and try a 9411, but fcourse it'll require more attention.
Tudors have etas inside so if u go for an eta based watch you are ok with mov.
Good luck and keep us updated with pics ;)

horn34

31/3/12
Well, you might have gone for the wrong watch, if your intention was starting an ETA based project like any Tudor should be, so 1stly I'd buy the eta version of your watch and sell the 21j.
AFAIK, there is no ETA build of this rep. The only dealer model I've ever seen is the 21j.

horn34

31/3/12
So should I just get the cheapest 5513 available or do I care about the movement?

JellyJoe

28/9/09
prob with mov is that all the best parts ull find are for eta, if theres no eta version of that rep, i suggest u keep it as a beater or sell it to partly finance a case structured to host eta movs.
If u want engravings and are open to mid- heavy budget Yuki case, or else MBW for mid budget, or eta based 5513 for cheaper.
Otherwise you will have to replace mov ring, hands, dial (fcourse) stem, mov itself cos u want sflake hands, and find a smithy willing to do that on a 21j watch. it'll be costly and all n all not worth it imo. Unless you really adore that case.
Gen Tudors have ETAs inside ;)

horn34

31/3/12
prob with mov is that all the best parts ull find are for eta, if theres no eta version of that rep, i suggest u keep it as a beater or sell it to partly finance a case structured to host eta movs.
If u want engravings and are open to mid- heavy budget Yuki case, or else MBW for mid budget, or eta based 5513 for cheaper.
Otherwise you will have to replace mov ring, hands, dial (fcourse) stem, mov itself cos u want sflake hands, and find a smithy willing to do that on a 21j watch. it'll be costly and all n all not worth it imo. Unless you really adore that case.
Gen Tudors have ETAs inside ;)
I canceled the order for that tudor rep and took a beating for my efforts on the RG dealer forum.

maxlawbr

27/9/06
Sorry mates!

I posted in the wrong place.

It's the beer effect

horn34

31/3/12
Build a Snowflake Sub

Any recs for the movement? I have all the pieces now, but the 5513 obviously doesn't have a date wheel, so I can't use the this movement. I know you said "GEN ETA Movement Caliber 2824-2 cost me $130" but I need some specifics, like where and model number.

TIA