• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

info re: accuracy of ASIAN ETA

ciclisto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/2/12
I have a month old Rolex Milgauss from a TD on this forum.. I love this watch, I have owned GENS and there is no difference for me with the model I got as far as appearance and quality.. except of course for the movement... the one in my rep is running every day and has not stopped yet. I wear it every day and it is amazing that anyone would pay $8,ooo for a real one. I have handled this at a dealer and when I went to size it, he did not seem to notice although was asked not to wind or set it, only remove links, as I waited.
My question is at first it seemed to keep time with a 5=6 seconds loss per day. Now it seems to lose up to 15-18 seconds a 24 hour period. I am not complaining and am pleased to own such a fine watch. I am just curious is this the norm for this movement and if so I accept it without a problem.. If not the norm I would like to know, and is it rectified by a watch maker.. I know the ETA have an adjustment device on the movement.. Is it worth it to pursue this or just let it be..
Happy with the MILGAUSS black.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
At 15-18 sec per day I wouldnt mind at all.
But if it bugged u, all movement can be regulated.

But, why do u bring a rep into an AD to resize.. ?

ciclisto

21/2/12
did not trust myself to do it, and was next door for some other business and just decided to get it done so I could wear it. no intrigue here just expedient.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
It should be able to be regulated better by a watch smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ciclisto

21/2/12
Thanks I will probably leave as is, the store where I had it sized was large and sold lots of brands. Not a Rolex boutique. Not a big deal here.