• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacing Micrometric Screw (MS) on Unitas 6497-2 (Noob Fiddy)

TQDG

9/3/12
Hey guys,

I have a Noob factory 1950 on the way and I can see in the QC photos that the MS screw isn't long enough to even touch the regulator. Everything else about the watch was good enough that I didn't bother to ask for another one.

Has anyone looked into the possibility of replacing the micrometric screw in the swan neck with an MS of appropriate length?

I read all three threads on the swan neck. It isn't a matter of function but rather a small detail that I wouldn't mind addressing.

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Can be done you just need to find one that will have a similar thread, maybe H factory

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hey guys,

I have a Noob factory 1950 on the way and I can see in the QC photos that the MS screw isn't long enough to even touch the regulator. Everything else about the watch was good enough that I didn't bother to ask for another one.

Has anyone looked into the possibility of replacing the micrometric screw in the swan neck with an MS of appropriate length?

I read all three threads on the swan neck. It isn't a matter of function but rather a small detail that I wouldn't mind addressing.

Can be done you just need to find one that will have a similar thread, maybe H factory

Hi TQDG.
I see you have well read my Swan Neck
What a patient man !!! LOL
Really you are completely right.
I don't know why people are very worried about, for example Incabloc of PAM mvmts and don't talk about the horrible Swan Neck of the fantastic Noob replicas, from cosmetical point of view,
The flaws of the Swan Neck is way more evident that the Incabloc one.
And the Short MS screw is the more visible of them.
Of course, you say "It isn't a matter of function but rather a small detail that I wouldn't mind addressing" and you are completely right.

What I don't know is whether the H screw fit the thread of Noob device.
I would try it. It is worth
And all Noob PAM with display casback owners shoud be the same !!!
LOL

ALE

TQDG

9/3/12
I guess my question then is where would I get a new micrometric screw? How would one source that piece?

ronverhage

Known Member
12/7/11
Been there, didn't work. Replaced a low beat H factory movement for a high beat one, noticed the short regulator and decided to swap it with the one sitting in the low beat.
It didn't fit (to small), but more irritating (glue could help since it's not working anyway) was the colour difference. The long one is darker.......

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Good luck sourcing one, your best bet is to buy the whole movement then scavenge what you want from it.

TQDG

9/3/12
Been there, didn't work. Replaced a low beat H factory movement for a high beat one, noticed the short regulator and decided to swap it with the one sitting in the low beat.
It didn't fit (to small), but more irritating (glue could help since it's not working anyway) was the colour difference. The long one is darker.......
Crap, there goes that idea.

Thanks for the input gents. Maybe one day Noob factory will get the swan neck right.

cobratom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/10
I've searched hither and yonder to see if you can replace the Swan neck with a genuine one. Ale's excellent thread while addressing the functionality and deficiencies of the the rep Swan necks does not state if this can be replaced. I'm not disparaging Ale and his stellar contribution to the forum, but just wondering if anyone has modded the sn regulator successfully.

I'm currently in QC for my first ever rep and received this pic
bc53fe2790d43202532d5cf399314e61.jpg

There is a gaping gap between the SN and the dagger. Luckily my MS seems long enough.

Also, is the jewel above the OP engraving a bit off colour I wonder. Have asked for more QC pics for the SN and the Incabloc and the bridge