• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My a7750 still runs too slow after complete servicing, and regulation.. any thoughts?

chiquito

Known Member
28/11/10
I have had my super avenger with the a7750 completely serviced from my local watch smith, but the darn thing still loses about 2-5 minutes a day. I have even tried too speed up the regulator, but still no good. My watchmaker insists that it is running fine, and even has placed, and tested it out for several days, and everything is fine. Any opinions, or thoughts??

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
If he actually used a timing machine and it was running well, the only thing that comes to mind is that you haven't got enough power reserve on the mainspring for it to be running properly. Have you actually wound it at all or are you just picking it up and shaking it a few times to get it running?

If you have done that you should take it back and ask him to put it on his timing machine and both of you have a look. If he doesn't have one you need to find another watch smith.

chiquito

Known Member
28/11/10
Yes, I have wounded the watch fully, and the watchmaker also had a machine... a very intricate, and expensive looking machine, to look at the timing. I took it back today, and said that there probably is a problem with the regulator, and that it probably moves a bit, and affects the timing... now he says that he has to fix the regulator... that there is a problem with the regulator, and maybe it moves, and affects the timing.... I honestly don't know what the heck is going on... I asked him about the beat, and says that if the beat was off, it would not run... I asked him about the pinion canon, and he mentions that it would not be easy to move the minute hands with the crown... I asked him if the hairspring maybe needs adjustment, and he comments that the hairspring is fine. He says that he is going to fix the regulator... but how do you fix the regulator without affecting the hairspring... which I feel could be the problem???

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Your watchsmith sounds funny. Maybe get a second opinion. doesnt hurt

chiquito

Known Member
28/11/10
actually, he has worked on 2 other asian 7750s, and has done a spectacular job... This one I can't seem to understand the issue. Maybe he overlooked something when servicing the watch, and will go ahead and take it apart again and look... sometimes I feel that there is a denial of certain watchmakers to accept that they may have over looked something when servicing... which I understand on their behalf's. He will probably end up taking it apart again after not getting the proper results.. the service is under a 1 year warranty anyways... He seems to be very committed to fixing the problem since I did offer him to do a movement swap from a watch "G" serviced, and sold to me. My watchmaker is good, and has serviced a ton of other watches for me in the past... I am just hoping that this particular 7750 does not turn out to be a movement that no matter how correctly it is serviced, and fixed, it just will never work right. i am thinking that it could be a bad pinion canon, too long of a spring... I don't know

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
How much $$$$$ are you willing to spend on this? ... Sometimes it's best to just cut your losses and live with -2/3 min per day on the damm thing ...

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Some Asian 7750 are real pieces of crap, but what is weird is that the movement is running good on his bench and weird went back home.

chiquito

Known Member
28/11/10
I actually paid 175.00 to get it serviced. The watch was running when I bought it from a member, so he fixed it, and got it running again.... I was thinking about just living with the inaccuracies in time keeping, but I at the same time figure what the heck... maybe he can do something to it to function properly without losing time. He has serviced all my other watches when they died, so I fell that he might get it right this time....

chiquito

Known Member
28/11/10
I know right!!! I am also trying to wrap my head around this one too... it is damn weird that it runs perfectly on his machine, and on bench, but not for me!!! He has even showed me the settings on the machine compared to the other watches that he has serviced for me, and they both are running very close as far as performance... the thing is that one is running flawlessly when wearing, and one is not... picture that!!!

chiquito

Known Member
28/11/10
Has any watchsmiths on this site heard of this issue before?? What are the symptoms of a bad Pinion canon?? could it be this??

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
2-5 minutes isn't that bad. Some gens perform worse than that. In mho you should't be throwing money away on this. Learn to live with it. Worse things can happen in life.

It's a rep for ffs.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Has any watchsmiths on this site heard of this issue before?? What are the symptoms of a bad Pinion canon?? could it be this??

First, it's a canon pinon, not a pinion canon. Also, that really has nothing to do with anything.

chiquito

Known Member
28/11/10
Is 2-3 minutes slow ok for an asian 7750 movement??? Is it the nirm for movements like this to be this inaccurate??? Does any else agree?? Am I just spitting in the wind, and coming back at my face???

I have several other watches with asian 7750 movements serviced, but run pretty close to accurate. What could make this particular movement so differant??

chiquito

Known Member
28/11/10
So in other words, the majority of asian 7750s are pieces of crap... no matter how they are serviced, or tuned in?

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
No, most a7750'are poorly assembled, poorly oiled, and dirty, so in most cases a servicing will make things better, but some are just lost causes.