• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Round 2 - DS SD QC Pics inner ring smudge?

gurulikedrucker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/12
The first DS SD that Trevor sent QC photos looked great, but it didn't work when he did the final check prior to sending.

(edited for Rick's benefit and to make the question a little clearer per BMW's contribution below)

Let me first say that I'm glad I chose a watch from a trusted dealer because Trevor has been very helpful. Now here's the rub... I received QC photos on the replacement watch and my first impression is that there are smudges on the bottom of the inner ring beneath the crystal. It looks like the black paint from the font is smudged around the text "ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE".

So what are your thoughts? Is the smudge a valid concern?

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
The first DS SD that Trevor sent QC photos looked great, but it didn't work when he did the final check prior to sending. Let me first say that I'm glad I chose a watch from Trevor because I suspect that many wouldn't have checked the watch prior to mailing it.

Not to thread crap: But you have 4 post on here and you make the assumption that "many wouldn't have checked the watch prior to mailing" EVERY trusted dealer here i have ever ordered from, has checked the watch prior to shipping.......

gurulikedrucker

17/4/12
Not to thread crap: But you have 4 post on here and you make the assumption that "many wouldn't have checked the watch prior to mailing" EVERY trusted dealer here i have ever ordered from, has checked the watch prior to shipping.......

Nowhere do I make reference to how a "trusted dealer" would have handled the QC process. My comment stated outright that I was glad I relied upon a trusted dealer (Trevor in this case).

cndwatchguy

19/9/11

+1, same for me.

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12

+1

:picard:

GFlansburg

Renowned Member
29/12/11

^ This

I see no smudges, and if I have look around for 5 minutes on a macro qc shot you wont notice it on your wrist, nor will anyone else. If you concerned about perfection buy the gen, or mod it.

Congrats on the watch, wear it well.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
You didnt have to edit it for lolie ole me...it wasn't meant as an attack at all :) I'm sorry if it came off that way, I apologize.
I just didnt want others that might not have the experience with different dealers that some of us do, thinking that Trevor was the only one that checked the watches before sending them out.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't see a smudge, and I honestly do not see it as a vaild concern. You need to take into account a couple of things. Is this your first purchase ? Don't be so aprehensive. These are replica watches. There will be slight blemishes at times. If you are asking for 100% perfection, this is not the hobby for you. You will also eventually alienate even the nicest of dealers. The same with anyone else you deal with on the forum. If it's an obvious scratch , or defect that all of us can easily see, then address it. Otherwise, take delivery of your watch and enjoy it.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
This is the reflection of the letters to the crystal..I guarantee for this..
Had the same reflection in mine...

gurulikedrucker

17/4/12
You didnt have to edit it for lolie ole me...it wasn't meant as an attack at all :) I'm sorry if it came off that way, I apologize. I just didnt want others that might not have the experience with different dealers that some of us do, thinking that Trevor was the only one that checked the watches before sending them out.

Thanks Rick. The edit was intended as much for clarification as it was to fend off the peanut gallery that stepped in to pile on with a snarky comment or to add their "+1" and move on… I was simply looking to the board for some guidance but from the general tenor of the initial responses, I realized that I had been labeled as an uptight newbie that was being overcritical and that I wasn't likely going to get much assistance. Shortly after BMW’s first response, I pmd Trevor and told him to go ahead and send the watch, but I also asked him to look at the area of concern and confirm that it was just a shadow before sending.

Trevor responded about 5 minutes later to confirm that it was more than a shadow and to ask if he could get back to me tomorrow with QC pictures for a replacement watch.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Glad to hear that the piece is good to go! Sometimes you never know and its worth asking just in case, especially since a buyer might not have had a trusted purchasing relationship with a particular dealer, or not be sure and just need a second opinion. You did good by asking and hope it doesn't discourage you to keep posting.....some of this is just a right of passage ;) Glad to have you to the forum! and be sure to post pics when you get it in :)