• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can you tell me the flaws on this submariner rep?

cceddlekid

26/6/11
Hi all!

Sorry if I duplicated this thread but I realized I should post my questions in Rolex forum. I purchased a submariner 116110 from a TD and was told that it was a bad model. My main concern was the numbers on the date window having different fonts. I was told thats a normal flaw for a noob submariner. And then I was told that the font seems all wrong compared to noobfactory sub. And plus I overpaid for it :frusty:....so would you all kindly take a look and point out one by one to this uber noober what is wrong with my sub so I can prevent similar mistakes in the future? Here are some pictures

numbers on the date window have different fonts (notice the "20" and "31")
IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

thank you all for your help and I look forward to learning from you all!

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
Okay, lets start with the things that will really give it away.

1. magnification on date window is way to small... From what I see in the picture, I'd guess 1.5x mag.
2. Rehault is not aligned.
3. Date font is not right.
4. Crown guards need to be shaved.

rsh

3/4/10
At least they spelled ROLEX right

cceddlekid

26/6/11
At least they spelled ROLEX right

LOL at least I know what i am buying..is there anyway I can mod this to make it look better or smth? and also someone told me the font is wrong. I did a side by side comparison with a gen picture or other quality rep and I didnt see too much of a difference in the font. Either have bad eyes or I am just purely one ignorant noob.

cceddlekid

26/6/11
I was wondering if the TDs get the watches from the same source how can we pick one that is very close to the gen since they would all be kind of the same?

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Okay, lets start with the things that will really give it away.

1. magnification on date window is way to small... From what I see in the picture, I'd guess 1.5x mag.
2. Rehault is not aligned.
3. Date font is not right.
4. Crown guards need to be shaved.

+1

5. The pearl looks off in the pic...

- Personally I would purchase another one. However, for starters, I would shave down the crown guards, and purchase a watch material bezel insert (it will be a well spent $25). That should get you going in the right direction. Also purchase a Clark crystal from the bay and have a modder install it.

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
I disagree with everyone on the cg shaving. It's not a 16610, he said it's a 116610, and it has that case. That being said, the bezel looks horrendous. Is it even ceramic? The cyclop mag is off, the dial markers don't appear to be maxi, the hands are wrong, and lastly, the rehaut engraving and shape looks terrible to me. Imo, choose another.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
The only aspect of this that's close to a 116610 is the cg's boostin.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

mrs1986

13/3/12
I'm not expert, but this dont look like the one from priceangels one?

I mean is not a 16610 but is not 116610 either...

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
The only aspect of this that's close to a 116610 is the cg's boostin.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
There's no closeness to either model, lol. In all seriousness, I would say it's closer to the 16610 than sub-c. The crown shot, the case looks sub-cish. The overall shot shows the bezel to case fit of the 16610. The more I look at it, the worse it gets, lol.

cceddlekid

26/6/11
+1

5. The pearl looks off in the pic...

- Personally I would purchase another one. However, for starters, I would shave down the crown guards, and purchase a watch material bezel insert (it will be a well spent $25). That should get you going in the right direction. Also purchase a Clark crystal from the bay and have a modder install it.

Where do you recommend I get those parts (the bezel, the crystal)for the watch? and who would you recommend to mod it? Thanks in advance

rsh

3/4/10
My advise to you if you want to mod it, here is what I would recommend

1. Sell watch in the sales section for $60 shipped
2. Buy a noob sub from timeshops or sead or narikaa or whoever for $100 shipped.
3. Wear new watch on your wrist

This sub has so much wrong that it is simply not worth any mods or money spent, but it is perfect as a beater if you wish AS IS

cceddlekid

26/6/11
How about you tell us which dealer sent you this watch.

The watch is from watcheden. As far as i know trailboss started a a thread on finding out who has the best Rolex sub and Watcheden has one of the best rep. I have no idea that i will be getting such a low quality of work.

My advise to you if you want to mod it, here is what I would recommend

1. Sell watch in the sales section for $60 shipped
2. Buy a noob sub from timeshops or sead or narikaa or whoever for $100 shipped.
3. Wear new watch on your wrist

This sub has so much wrong that it is simply not worth any mods or money spent, but it is perfect as a beater if you wish AS IS

With so many flaws you guys mentioned would anyone still wanna buy this from me:frusty: i guess I'll live with it and move on......to another TD

Wow, thanks for the recommendation! Also you mentioned about purchasing Clark sapphire crystal. I found some on ebay but I have to check the case number to see if the crystal fit. How do I check for that because seems like some people in this thread have difficulty finding out which model of the sub is this? Thank you in advance!!:)

arcadia

11/8/11
Oh I missed this. It's a 116610? Without the CG, I swear I thought it was 16610. Yes, a couple of offs: pearl, engraving, lec, etc. Just enjoy it mate.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Thank you to the poster for saying which dealer you got your watch from. They should be ashamed for sending that to you. Please tell us how much you paid (you said overpaid and I agree) for this.

I'am so sick of members saying I bought a watch from a TD and blah, blah, blah but don't have the balls to say who it was.

Listen numb nuts (this is NOT towards the poster), this site is to inform each other, if your such a little mouse that you can't even say who you bought from then don't bother posting your story, keep it to yourself, we don't need to pull information from you. Either post all the details or shut up.

If you bought a watch from a TD and its a piece of crap then say so, post pics, tell all of us. Its obvious this guy got a crappy watch and I'm glad he didn't run away, I asked who it was and he informed us and WE should be ashamed of that watch. I do hope thats what glossyballs watch looks like when he gets it or if he gets it, LOL.

Sent from my keyboard using tap my cock.