• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need advice on latest/greatest B&R

sonicd0012

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/11
Hello, would any kind souls here be able to put me in the right direction for purchasing a first B&R ?

I really like the PVD color, but unsure of how it will look after a few dings/scratches.
Should i get SS instead?
I also really like the look of the watch and the stamped brown leather strap but unsure of the quality of the strap seen here : http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fantasy-br-for-91995

Maybe they sell those straps if their crap?

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
It's really a matter of personal preference and taste. I've had a couple of PVD 03-92s and I love them. They get dinged-up and that just gives them a good patina, if you ask me. The whole 'aircraft-look' is all about 'usage', and so 'pristine' shouldn't be an issue. My experience with the rep leather straps is that they are crap. I bought two genuine ones from Smidsy when he was active on this forum (and unfortunately driven out by certain members here--according to him). They are fabulous and really make the watch. Thus I highly recommend setting aside sufficient money for a genuine strap. having said that, Gunny makes some fab straps for B&R. I had him make one to my specs and it is my ultimate favorite.

sonicd0012

15/6/11
It's really a matter of personal preference and taste. I've had a couple of PVD 03-92s and I love them. They get dinged-up and that just gives them a good patina, if you ask me. The whole 'aircraft-look' is all about 'usage', and so 'pristine' shouldn't be an issue. My experience with the rep leather straps is that they are crap. I bought two genuine ones from Smidsy when he was active on this forum (and unfortunately driven out by certain members here--according to him). They are fabulous and really make the watch. Thus I highly recommend setting aside sufficient money for a genuine strap. having said that, Gunny makes some fab straps for B&R. I had him make one to my specs and it is my ultimate favorite.

So is the rep that i showed have a bad strap ?
what about the rep itself? should i get that or you know something way better

Transman

Horology Curious
21/2/12
The strap is worth it

I agree that putting something like a tan Gunny strap on the model you show - e.g. a Caitlin 1 or a Gudzyy - will really improve the whole look and feel of the watch. The strap will cost ? 50% of what you will pay for the watch you show (I like the model you show, which is hard to find from the premium dealers; I have a larger 01-92 rep mechanical and an 03-92 gen) but I'll bet that the moment you start wearing the watch with the new strap you will think, "How could I have not wanted to make this watch so much better?"

Good luck.

sonicd0012

15/6/11
I agree that putting something like a tan Gunny strap on the model you show - e.g. a Caitlin 1 or a Gudzyy - will really improve the whole look and feel of the watch. The strap will cost ? 50% of what you will pay for the watch you show (I like the model you show, which is hard to find from the premium dealers; I have a larger 01-92 rep mechanical and an 03-92 gen) but I'll bet that the moment you start wearing the watch with the new strap you will think, "How could I have not wanted to make this watch so much better?"

Good luck.

So is the strap i showed in the watch link a bad one ?

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
I got my strap from john at dangerous 9 and it is awesome.
The most comfortable strap I've ever dealt with.
No break in period, soft as sshhhhhhitttt.
Ill post pics later

crossbones

I'm Pretty Popular
3/6/10
Gunny Caitlin II
f8586113.jpg

4497cf65.jpg

3123a9a4.jpg

755f4d51.jpg

Military Canvas
ea359b84.jpg

b6420c7f.jpg

94470e40.jpg

Dangerous9
cee0b203.jpg

d114e66c.jpg

0844ff24.jpg

Rubber
5dbd664f.jpg

309bd9d4.jpg

f8d4052e.jpg

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
The most accurate one in the lower price range is the 01-92 SS. If you have the $$$ go for a gen strap.

Faber

16/3/06
need to buy a good ss b&r but seens to be difficult to find good 01-92...unfortunatelly the factories seens not see much market on this one...and also not so expensive watch , maybe better save for the real deal...

btw anyone have bought the 01-92 that have in mrs king site , one with screws on the back?? looks pretty decent...

kfmcmahon

28/7/09
need to buy a good ss b&r but seens to be difficult to find good 01-92...unfortunatelly the factories seens not see much market on this one...and also not so expensive watch , maybe better save for the real deal...

btw anyone have bought the 01-92 that have in mrs king site , one with screws on the back?? looks pretty decent...

I agree...just got the Heritage B01-93 on leather, rubber and nylon!

DSC_0397.JPG

DSC_0391.JPG

DSC_0393.JPG

I need to get better pics of this watch...it's so nice.
There isn't a great rep of this watcvh so I picked up a GEN on a recent trip to St Thomas.

To the OP...try to look at the strap in my picture...the color texture and print are all different than the picture you showed...

If anyone wants the sand colored embossed B&R strap (size L), PM me as I need to order the XL version (8" wrist)...the rubber next to it is xl and fits perfectly

adamgill794

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/5/12
Bell & Ross is a very famous French watch company, which offered some new and latest technologist wrist watches for every kind of the person. Recently, they have introduced some new stylish and fashion oriented wrist watches. It can change your personality and lifestyle.

crossbones

I'm Pretty Popular
3/6/10
I love B&R but the "vintage" pieces??? Come on! The company was founded in 1992. Where's the history there?