• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you polish off the AR on a crystal?

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Looking to remove the exterior AR coat on a watch crystal. Does anyone have a DIY for this? I cant seem to filter it in the search option and I know many have done this before.

Thx

cwazy1

29/2/12
Firstly you should figure out what type of crystal it is. Mineral and sapphire have different procedures to do what you're asking.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Looking to remove the exterior AR coat on a watch crystal. Does anyone have a DIY for this? I cant seem to filter it in the search option and I know many have done this before.

Thx

I done this on my Ploprof V2 because i got som really ugly scratches in the AR
i just took the ordinary polishing wheel for stainless steel and wax it little then set the machine to 1400 r.p.m. and gently took the AR away without polish the bezel edges..

Both bezel crystal and main crystal look great after.

Good luck!

or4n6e

Horology Curious
8/5/10
I removed the AR coating off my PAM 111 recently using scratch removal polish which I use on my car. Hope this helps.

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish worked like a charm on my HBB v6 evo. It took about 20 min with moderate rubbing

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
This is the route I will be going and my crystals saphire. So they say...saphire isn't really always saphire these days...

Thanks for the input guys.

Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish worked like a charm on my HBB v6 evo. It took about 20 min with moderate rubbing

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Best hinge out there for AR removal and polishing up that case too!

Autosol.jpg

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Yes...and No...>>>

That thing is pretty powerful on metal, im afraid to use it on the crystal thou.

Polywatch works on sapphire?
I used it to remove the "purple haze" A/R on the inside of my 036 crystal....
as far as removing actual scratches on a sapphire, only the diamond paste compounds
are up to that task....
:maty::maty: