• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone else hate those assholes over at TRF??

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
^We should start something like that here. You know, up our doucheness factor a little.

Congrats, TRF. You are the undisputed champs of douche nozzledom.

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
""Never went to college, but at 23 I own a day date and date just :)

Although I just started a part time college course while working!""

Thats what some douche wrote. So i guess if you own a Rolex that means your a somebody??? Thats embaressing i bought my first rolex when i was 23 i worked my ass off for it its a watch i always wanted. Not because i could show it off i just liked watches since i was a little boy. 17 yrs later I still have that watch and i wear it because it makes me feel good and when someone compliments me i feel happy about it.

giobo

6/5/10
Anyone can write whatever he likes in there...

I was at Crap university and wear a Gaytona

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Shieldsy, you could start a thread over there "Your wife's bra size and your rolex" "lol:

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
Shieldsy, you could start a thread over there "Your wife's bra size and your rolex" "lol:

We should start that here. Pics only, and posts without pics result in an immediate ban.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
The School of Hard Knocks and my rep collection.

DeeKa

Known Member
26/2/12
College?
Oh, yes - these pictures composed from lots of stuff - I do those on my table using pizza boxes, half emptied cups of coffee, spaguetti plates starting their next life with amazing creatures coming out and some Rolex I didn't wear for some time...

Dee

arcadia

11/8/11
"Anyone viewing this thread can see that it doesn't matter if you went to one of the best college's in the world or if you didn't finish high school. You can still own a nice Rolex collection." - from one of their posts.

Given, but it is actually an implied excuse for many (I say many) of them to brag about their education.

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
I'm going to be the one to say it. Any idiot can get a college degree. All you need is money and the time to do it. Look at how many dummies with degrees some encounter every day. For every one smart person I meet, I meet over a dozen that don't seem like they have a lick of sense. Am I taking this too far? Maybe.

I <3 BB

Shieldsy

11/12/09
Can you believe those assholes at TRF banned me for calling a thread crap???

giobo

6/5/10
I'm going to be the one to say it. Any idiot can get a college degree. All you need is money and the time to do it. Look at how many dummies with degrees some encounter every day. For every one smart person I meet, I meet over a dozen that don't seem like they have a lick of sense. Am I taking this too far? Maybe.

Mate please don't underestimate the college degree..
Just because some of them want to brag or even say lies doesn't mean something about the college bachelor, MBA or Phd...
Of course you are right about the money etc but in some cases only...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
A degree does NOT make up for experience gained on the ground.
As soon as companies realise that and stop hiring degree riddled "experts" over folk with real life experience in a job the better off they will be. It's getting stupid in some lines of work.

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
Yale University and Harvard Business School:

president-george-w-bush.jpg

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I work in education, and I agree with this statement.
A degree does NOT make up for experience gained on the ground.
As soon as companies realise that and stop hiring degree riddled "experts" over folk with real life experience in a job the better off they will be. It's getting stupid in some lines of work.

giobo

6/5/10
Don't underestimate the education guys..Many of us haven't paid to get the degrees ..it is different from one country to another...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh I'm not underestimating an education but it is not the be all and end all that a lot of business make it out to be these days.

I know of a large transport company that recently hired a trouble shooter to cut down time, improve interchange efficiency, time on road (against layover/service time) , stuff like that.

They had the choice of a guy with 48 years experience in transport as a driver, logistics manager, alocater etc. Hhe had worked hands on in just about every job in transport but he had no degree.

Did he get the position? Nope, they chose a guy fresh out of uni with degrees in business and work study (what used to be called time & motion study). He was useless.

Spboudart

26/9/08
The problem is not about getting a diploma or not, but to stay humble.
But may college tell thir graduate that they're the state of the art, and even that their own sh!it doesn't smell....
But the truth is nothing can validate a diploma like experience.
At the end, most likely a person with a diploma and experience will be better than someone else with the same experience and no diploma.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
It costs less to hire a fresh out of college recruit than a veteran in some cases. It wrong, but how it is. :(