• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex gmt-master ii

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
SS is stainless steel. That's a nice watch, but expect the gold to be marginal at best. In other words it may wear out quickly. 21j movements are not a smooth sweep second hand either like the 25j are. Personally I'd step up and get at least the Asian clone version of this. Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
SS would be the all Stainless Steel version (no gold plating). Not sure why they mentioned this but could be personal preference because of the gold plating or other reasons. Appears to be a nice timepiece and if that's what you prefer, go for it!

giobo

6/5/10
The side of the SEL is not gold plated and it is a dead giveaway..Also this cheap low end kind of TT rep will have serious issues with the GOld quality and appliance..So it doesn't have the same colour as the gen of course and will fade soon..
On the other hand the SS GMT is an accurate rep and combined with the 21j movement is great value for money watch...

Flyboybob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/12
I worked for a couple of years in the Jewelry business and I would never buy anything that I wanted to wear for more than a couple of months that is gold plated. Gold plating is a process where the gold color is attached to the base metal by dipping the metal, which is attached to an electric connection, into the gold and running an electric current through the liquid. The gold color, which is very thin, will wear off quickly and the color will not look like real gold.

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
I worked for a couple of years in the Jewelry business and I would never buy anything that I wanted to wear for more than a couple of months that is gold plated. Gold plating is a process where the gold color is attached to the base metal by dipping the metal, which is attached to an electric connection, into the gold and running an electric current through the liquid. The gold color, which is very thin, will wear off quickly and the color will not look like real gold.
Good info, you should listen to this watch44.

giobo

6/5/10
Also the SS mid links make it look awesome !!!