• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm EXPLORER II FANS...CHANGES ARE BEING MADE

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Just saw a 21J movement available on these...128-148 depending on who you get it from.
If that 21j is a 21.600 mvt. I've venture to say that's going to be much more obvious in this larger version. While some seem to praise the 21j as being better suited for the GMT complication, the GMT modded 2836-2 or A-clone is an excellent 4th hand modded mvt. and I've never had any issues with any I've owned and still own. Just my two cents....go with a 28.8 mvt.

Rep Master

Known Member
25/5/11
i'm just waiting for a really accurate version of this watch at a decent price. all these new reps keep going up in price

countit

22/5/10
Is this the version you guys are talking about?

I saw Avenger post this in a wrist check thread.

Cool watch. I'm wanting one too. Who is selling the best version?

68d76327.jpg

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Yup that's the one.
I haven't been shopping around for them but Josh has these (with the wider, more acurrate looking hands) in both White and Black versions.

i'm just waiting for a really accurate version of this watch at a decent price. all these new reps keep going up in price
The price does seem to be going up on some but then again, so is the quality and acurracy.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Looks like the rehaut engraving lines up! That's a big step in itself.

countit

22/5/10
Yup that's the one.
I haven't been shopping around for them but Josh has these (with the wider, more acurrate looking hands) in both White and Black versions.

I'm sorry but I can't remember which dealer is "Josh." Can anyone help?

Does anyone know if a lume shot of this watch exists?

Thank you.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Has anyone photos of it??I mean delivered watch not from dealers site....

Also how is the SEL fitment??

i think CG trimming datewheel overlay and we are good!!!

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10

Pretty close. Here's the real deal for comparison. Is it just me or do the bezel numbers look spaced a bit towards the outside of the bezel? They should be centered. This is a great looking watch, I have the old school Explorer 2 coming in, but may have to add this one to the herd.

617e0a7b-445f-a726.jpg

giobo

6/5/10
This Giobo has a good eye...

As i said before: Datewheel overlay and crown guards..It is great as is, thats for sure!!!1

My personal taste says buy the black with tha A2892

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Very nice. Thank you. Where did you pick this up, Avenger? And, how many clams did it set you back?

Are those links polished or brushed?

I grabbed it from Tony @ A7750. Shoot him a PM or email. He's one of the best I've dealt with. Can't say enough good things about Tony.

The links are brushed as per gen. My SELs were a little wobbly, but it was just the springbars not fitting in the holes quite right. Now they are snug and the SELs are rock solid.

capthotpantz

9/6/11
I just ordered one of these from Trevor. Less than $200 for 2836-2 clone superlumed! i had one from WBK, it was beautiful but had a 21j, if it had had a clone movement it would probably be my daily beater. Now Im getting one with superlume (WBK wasnt superlumed but probably the best stock rep lume Ive ever seen) running at 28.8k. Im pretty excited. I really hope the new watches are all superlumed, for the price I was quoted to do a lume service these new watches are a steal.

dslmkr

Renowned Member
Certified
3/4/06
Nice ...but hour hand still needs work,too long ,look at gen pics...

Pretty close. Here's the real deal for comparison. Is it just me or do the bezel numbers look spaced a bit towards the outside of the bezel? They should be centered. This is a great looking watch, I have the old school Explorer 2 coming in, but may have to add this one to the herd.

617e0a7b-445f-a726.jpg
hour hand on rep still too long....

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Looks fine to me. Should just touch the inside of the rectangular lumed markers.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Looks fine to me too.
I think it just looks "too long" as the gen hand has a tad but longer Black painted strip for the "floating" effect.

giobo

6/5/10
I went to the AD today....
The Black was just awesome!!!!
The rep need some improve in the date window..They all seem not be so good...Maybe the DW...
The CG's i think can be trimmed...

It is a great watch..i will start asking the TD's...