• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Portoguese 7750 improved

marco schaffhausen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/2/11
I've just seen that one of the trusted dealers listed a new movement for the portoguese.
Do we have a solution to the problem of the chrono with seconds at 6 o'clock?

ElChe

Known Member
5/2/12

TommyW

21/9/10
is this new version different from the improved 29j version which I think was released last year?

desperate for a rep of this watch so will keep an eye on this thread to see if this improved version finally does the trick

rakirun

2/5/11
I am new to replicas and hands down my favourite watch (at the moment) is the Portugese 3902 Yacht Club. Now I have read a lot about the reliability of the movements due to seconds@6 and its a bit off putting so I started looking at the cheaper versions so if it does break I havent lost much. I saw one on Watcheden on offer so i emailed them for details and was told the subdials aren't a chronograph but month/week indicators. Does this mean the problem that is caused by having seconds @6 is not an issue on these cheaper versions??

texski

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/4/11
I am new to replicas and hands down my favourite watch (at the moment) is the Portugese 3902 Yacht Club. Now I have read a lot about the reliability of the movements due to seconds@6 and its a bit off putting so I started looking at the cheaper versions so if it does break I havent lost much. I saw one on Watcheden on offer so i emailed them for details and was told the subdials aren't a chronograph but month/week indicators. Does this mean the problem that is caused by having seconds @6 is not an issue on these cheaper versions??

They use a quartz movement. I find many of their offerings to be their own creations and not very accurate. This is a beautiful watch, but too difficult to rep accurately.

rakirun

2/5/11

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
Domi's solution is not a cheap one. It involves complete dismantling of the movement and then custom machining of the plates to install three new jewels to the movement.

Expect to pay somewhere in the region of $200-250 I would say for this work.

This is the thread you want to read: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/time-bomb-solved-93400?t=93400

Domi's user name on here is Dmuit

Hmm. So you're saying I could get one of the rep Portuguese and instead of getting a genuine 79350 movement for 600 euros, he could mod it for only 200? Sounds like a deal to me!

ElChe

Known Member
5/2/12
Mine is working good everyday for almost 1 week. See how it does in the coming weeks / months. If it does go down... That 250 job is my plan! Good deal to me.