• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 40mm PAM?

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
I have been running in circles trying to find the right PAM48, very frustrating... Serious modding needed to any smaller pam model.

Any chance of Noob factory making a run at a 40mm PAM model?

How does that work?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Hmm, I think DSN does a 40mm luminor case set that you could ask him to build a watch from. Or source parts and get a modder to put it together. Other choice is the pricey MBW versions. I think that T4D (RIP) had some listed before, well... anyway. At the moment I don't think there's any news of Noob or H Fac making 40mm Pams, mebbe the 42mm Radomirs but even that is just ghost whispers.

hrail

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/11
I asked recently at RG about this... no answer.
I like these two 40 mm chrono PAMs, still listed in some sites:

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=2994

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_53&products_id=4604

http://www.kuvarsitwatch.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30431

Similar to the Noob daylight series but no one could confirm that they were produced by them. Even don't know if there is stock for any of them as these were released a long time ago.
I really like the PAM 060, that dial looks sweet.

Cheers !!

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
my girl wld love a 40mm pam.. as of now, they're just rumours.. hopefully angus has a way with the makers&convince them to make 1 model 1st.. fingers crossed tho..

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
Or from Hfac?

Just seems like the 40mm models have been in demand (esp PAM48) but has not been replicated in some time, and none are really decent quality, except the MBK which is costly and difficult to find...even it has a lot of modding needed. I've ha multiple conversations on here with people about the 48.

Petition!

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
These would sell pretty well if H or N factories did an "ultimate 1:1" replica of it.

A PAM 048 as good ad the recent 005,111,etc would sell like hotcakes and shouldn't be too complicated to produce??
Closed case-back makes it that much easier...

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
I agree!! So how do we convince them to do it? Angus has a good relationship with these guys?

watchmefly

22/2/12
I'm in the same boat. 44mm is huge on my wrist. Looking for a good 40mm Pam.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
join up in the petition.. hopefully, with the lost, we can pass the info onto angus&he may convince either maker to launch at least 1 model..

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
This has been discussed at great length, and the result time and time again is that there is simply not enough demand for it. Doing a new 40mm rep would required making a brand new caseset, new crystal, etc., which isn't necessary for additional 44mm models. Also, most people are discourage when they figure out that a 40mm pam rep wouldn't sell at the same price point as the manual wind 44mm models, as it would require an A7750 movement.

Simply put, the makers need to be able to count on a significant number of sales (I think the standard for a new model to get produced is usually between 500-1000 units), and everytime there has been a 40mm petition it gets about 60-70 people over the course of several months, many of whom say "I'll buy one if it's 1:1 and $200!", which of course are both unlikely results.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but it's not gonna happen. Best bet is to cough up for an MBW, if you can find one. Even then, you're probably gonna have to live with it "as is" as finding a replacement dial (the most needed mod for those) is all but impossible.

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
What is MBW ? And why do you have to replace the dial?
Suppose i dont care about price, if i just want to get the best rep of 40mm pams. Where should i go to get it?

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
MBW is a source/ maker of watches in BKK Thailand. They are the best 40mm Pam reps available. The dial needs replacing because it is inaccurate, largely because the indices are too thin, though there are probably other issues too. They are pretty much only available from the dealer narikka.

A thought, thoug, if you just had somebody relume the dial couldn't they make the the indices thicker?