• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Humble Showcase

Wira

Known Member
29/6/11
My humble custom make showcase at home.

IMG_7468.jpg

Thought of pasting a "OFFICINE PANERAI" logo on the carbon fibre backing.. ;)

Peace!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Very cool man, they must glow like torches after that light has been on them. Thought about switching it out for something a little less nuclear?

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
My thought exactly! Humm, this is a pretty cool idea.

Wira

Known Member
29/6/11
Thank u all for the comments.

Yeah, Bonesey, I just feel that the lights are a bit too strong and wonder if it will damage the lumes on the dials? Overcharged I mean...is there such thing??

Hey DeadbBear77.. tats not a 10 gallon fish tank! hahaha. I've ask a carpentry company to built it to size. Its made of arcylic(save cost) not glass ones like the one at Panerai boutique.

Feel more relax each time i got home and have a good look at it.

Now my wife thinks that I'm pyscho for staring at the display and watches too long! hahaha..

Hmm..Lume shot? . Will get it done soon Franchise!

So do u guys think that it will look better if the word "Officine Panerai" to be pasted on the carbon fibre backing?

Franchise

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/12
my personal taste is that i wouldnt brand it - its tacky imo. itd be cooler to have a wall clock pam back there tho

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
I think it needs something in the background. Panerai will just kind of branded this and any other watches in it with no look right.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

All I have to say is:

DO WANT!!!

Man, this display is fantastic! Is it real Carbon Fibre? Loved it! I´m a carbon fibre whore :lol1:
Congrats!

Cheers,
Spirit.

Wira

Known Member
29/6/11
Thk u all, i guess i'll figure out what to put on the carbon fibre back piece later. :)

Anw Spirit, Its not real carbon fibre. Initially its juz a plain piece of glossy black back piece. As it looked dull to me, I then bought a meter of carbon fibre sticker,cut it to size and pasted over it to make the showcase more classy. Anyway Carbon fibre materials are expensive n difficult to be bought locally here.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Pretty sneak, Wira!
...I dare to say that the results were nothing less than impressive anyway, and the carbon fibre sticker is indeed a nice option. I was watching some videos lately about car wrapping, and saw some 3M carbon fibre stickers that really blew my mind.. loved them.

I got a 4 layers real dry-carbon fibre case for my iPhone, and since then I get myself imagining anything that I could put carbon on.. it´s HOT!

Congrats one more time on your case, and if I may suggest you, try to adapt a dimer for the lamps, or some setup where you can light up just a few lamps separately, it will give it a even more sophisticated look to it!
Really loved this display!

Cheers,
Spirit.

Wira

Known Member
29/6/11
Thks for the wonderful idea Spirit! Really need a dimer. The lights are too bright that reflections can be seen on the watch crystals when i capture the pics with the powerful lights on.

Wow! U custom 4 layers of real dry carbon fibre on ur Iphone?? Did u do it urself? Really need a lot of skills on that. I Had tried using fibreglass on another project, but turn out to be a big mess instead..hahaha

Nonethelss, thks again for your kind ideas and guidance!

Wira

Known Member
29/6/11
Whoaaahh..Cool...The diffuser box really looks sophisticated and amazing. But I guess its gonna take alot of effort and knowledge to construct it. Especially the LED lighting. ;)

Or do you think that I could just cut to measure an arcylic piece to size and place it under the lights? Wonder if it would diffuse off the lights and give an even spread?

Thks investinwaffles for the brilliant lighting design.. :)

BigTex

Looking Around
1/7/11
Really sweet display case!!!

Dang...with me having 60 + watches...I just need to get a big floor model display case for all my watches.

Oh yeah...I can see my wife letting me do that!!!
Smiley_BU_Dust_Kicker.gif