• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gold wrist shots...

elephantriter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/11
i have read up on a lot of comments about "gold" reps. the caution is to NOT wear it daily. still---i tend to wear my watches all day every day. I would like to see rep gold watches that have some time and miles on them. show your gold rep and tell the story of how and when you wear it and how MUCH. i am anxious to see the gold plating that has been through the wringer so to speak. can you all help? thanks much
E'riter

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
I think for most people they prefer to wear the stainless steel or silver because they dont wear near as quickly if they are your daily watch. I too have been skimming looking for people with gold watches, particularly a rose gold AP ROO.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
It is actually not that easy to capture on a picture, at least not initially. The gold does not suddenly drop off, rather it gradually fades away.

I have a 30 year old Seiko Lassalle which was partly gold plated. Probably the worst option as it would be prohibitively expensive to touch up the worn bits.

The pictures should give you some impression of how it has worn:

010.jpg

009.jpg

015.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Here are some of my "goldielocks".

Except for the Rollie and Hublot, I've worn all to work without any concerns. The gold Omega gen actually cost around 30K but nobody would think that since it's "only" an Omega. The Rollie on the other hand, combined with a little blink, everyone will go ooooh ahhhh! :picard: And I don't need that kind of attention at work.

Hope this can give you some idea of the different style and color of gold watches out there. :maty:

p1160483a.jpg

p1160484a.jpg

p1160486a.jpg

p1160487a.jpg

p1160488a.jpg

p1160491a.jpg

elephantriter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/11
Thank you to those that posted pictures. i appreciate your effort and apparently there were other like thinkers out there who probably did also.
e'riter

Zipper

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/2/12
Now I need some gold in my collection!

wolfwood

4/2/11
Man, that all gold Daytona is bling bling king! Don't think I can pull it off though but looks nice.

maxlawbr

27/9/06
Man, that all gold Daytona is bling bling king! Don't think I can pull it off though but looks nice.

Me neither, is a kind of spirit's influence......

I bought it when I was with spirit making some shop at a local rep market.

I never used it, but it is very nice.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Here are my contributions for the thread... I really like gold watches, but it´s not your everyday watch.
Not by the fact of pulling them off, but because they are more difficult to match with what you wear and in daily situations.
IMHO, gold watches are nice for the weekend, or for the night. (parties/celebrations/events like refined music concerts and stuff)...

Thinking about that, I have gone the Everose route, which is a little bit more subtle than the yellow gold, and still more classy, but of course, not underestimating the classic look of the yellow gold.

So, in my collection I have 2 Everose Daytonas:
DSC03864x1024x768.jpg

MonoblockCerachrom116515LN1024x76802y.jpg

An Everose TT Datejust on President bracelet:
WristCheckEverose01.jpg

...and apart from that, the yellow gold watches that couldn´t be lacking on my watchbox (as Max said above, gold is my cup of tea - I really love the look of it since I was a kid, and my first watch bought when I was a youngster was a gold one that resembles a datejust.)

So, below are some of my gold watches: (being then fullgold or just two-tone)
GoldLust-03.jpg

GoldLust-02.jpg

DatejustFullGold2005-01R.jpg

GoldLust-01.jpg

116528DaytonaGENBoxSetWristCheck-01.jpg

116528DaytonaGENBoxSetWristCheck-02.jpg

116528DaytonaCosmographBackgroundBa.jpg

Most of these watches are around 3 to 4 years old, but once again, they´re not "everyday" watches...so it´s cleaning and keeping them for special occasions. No hardcore usage here. (actually, no hardcore usage for any of my watches, all of them are pretty well loved.)

@ Max:
heh! You should just find the right opportunity to wear it, it´s really nice to see that ´Tona out. I got mine out of the box last week, just for a "test-ride", but wearing a full gold Daytona in daylight is pretty much out of place here in the city... lol!

Cheers,
Spirit.

maxlawbr

27/9/06

@ Max:
heh! You should just find the right opportunity to wear it, it´s really nice to see that ´Tona out. I got mine out of the box last week, just for a "test-ride", but wearing a full gold Daytona in daylight is pretty much out of place here in the city... lol!

Cheers,
Spirit.

You are right, the TT gets a lot of attention, I don't know how it will be with a FG one.

I'll try in the Caranaval.

wolfwood

4/2/11
Love the Daytona with the black bezel and RG case and black leather strap combo. I presume the clasp is also RG?

Love to get one someday.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Love the Daytona with the black bezel and RG case and black leather strap combo. I presume the clasp is also RG?

Love to get one someday.

Yeah, the clasp is in rose gold on that one. The black bezel is made out of Ceramic.

But what really stands out on that watch is the Chocolate dial. It´s a looker!
This watch is dangerous, once on your wrist, you will keep yourself admiring the dial all the time, instead of looking ahead when walking. :facepalm:

:lol1:

Cheers,
Spirit.