• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement question

116610LV

Horology Curious
8/2/12
So I think I'm going to sell my Gen 116610LV because it's appreciated about $3K in a year.

I'm looking at a Rep Gold GMT II Green dial and have the following options. I've read the Asian 2836-2 is a solid movement. But the seller has the following options:

Asian 2836-2 Automatic Movement 28800 vpm

and

Swiss ETA 2836-2 25J Automatic 28800 vpm "Sweeping second hand"

Same price.

Doesn't the Asian 2836-2 also sweep just like the Swiss ETA? :unsure:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
No the Asian will sweep better, they work very hard, you like long time friend and only need to fed them wice.

Maybe you post pics of you gen LV and we send you girls who wuv you long time.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Well its weally no diffrent then man from gen forum come here to say he sell LV to buy wep all gold plate watch.

116610LV

Horology Curious
8/2/12
No the Asian will sweep better, they work very hard, you like long time friend and only need to fed them wice.

Maybe you post pics of you gen LV and we send you girls who wuv you long time.

Send over those girls!!!

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

photo3.jpg

Well its weally no diffrent then man from gen forum come here to say he sell LV to buy wep all gold plate watch.

Sorry brother, but it was a serious question.

I can sell the LV for $7,500 minimum, buy Rep., pocket $7,200. What's not to love about that?!?

Now, can someone give me a serious response to my question?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Looks like you already have a rep in a gen box, we see those all the time here, LOL.

116610LV

Horology Curious
8/2/12
Looks like you already have a rep in a gen box, we see those all the time here, LOL.

Shall I post a pic of the the receipt as well?

Shall I post a pic of the the receipt as well?

IMG_01081.png

NOW-can I get a serious answer to my OP?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Sure if you like, relax buddy. You made one post here with a quite a crazy question, so take it easy.

It will sweep exactly the same as a gen ETA, ok??

116610LV

Horology Curious
8/2/12
Sorry! But Holy sh*t! :headdesk:

I seriously like the 116718-GRN, but I'm NOT dropping 26K on the real thing. I really have no use for a 8K or 26K watch...

The rep looks pretty good, I just want to make sure I get the movement that LOOKS like I dropped 26K on the watch.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
I am surprised the asian eta and swiss eta cost the same from the vendor. They are basically identical movements, one is chinese made and other is maybe swiss made

Dude dont sell the gen until after you buy a rep you like I mean it.....

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
What's crazy about the question Sub?
Lay off the guy please.

116610LV

Horology Curious
8/2/12
I am surprised the asian eta and swiss eta cost the same from the vendor. They are basically identical movements, one is chinese made and other is maybe swiss made

Dude dont sell the gen until after you buy a rep you like I mean it.....

Cool. Thanks. I know the hand stack is off too, but nobody outside a dealer/watchmaker will notice that. I also have a gen GMTIIC SS that I plan to sell.

I will certainly wait a month after I get the rep(s) to make sure I like them before I sell gens. Actually, in addition to the rep gold GMT, I'm ordering a TT Sub rep with Asian 3135 mvmt. I can get both for about $500 from one of the trusted sellers here.

Lay off the guy please.

thanks boss!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Lay off the guy please.

I was just breaking his balls a bit of fun and I did answer his question in my last post.

I just kinda thought it was crazy to sell a beautiful gen to then buy a plated rep. I can see the guys point and I understand times are tough now, again I was just poking fun at him as I thought he wasn't serious.

116610LV

Horology Curious
8/2/12
I was just breaking his balls a bit of fun and I did answer his question in my last post.

I just kinda thought it was crazy to sell a beautiful gen to then buy a plated rep. I can see the guys point and I understand times are tough now, again I was just poking fun at him as I thought he wasn't serious.

Sub-No harm. It just struck me the wrong way. I appreciate the help.

The back story is that I want to sell the gen sub, gmtii, and a breitling hercules and take that money to add to savings for a new home down payment. That's why I'm selling the gens.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

I know mate but people who don't know you tend to get the idea you are an even bigger asshat than you actually are. Why not save your acid (and admittedly sometimes very clever) wit for those who deserve it?

Try to be more like a trained Rottweiler than a half wild Pit Bull.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
116610LV, gotta ya bro, makes sense to invest in your future rather then unnessary luxuries, best of luck to you and I'm sure you'll find a rep thats right for you and believe me I've done more then my share buying gens and I understand the expense of it.

TB, well ok, when you put it that way.

I will STFU now, lol.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
when the hell are we going to see a decent rep of this motha hulk?