• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with watch - Warranty

Assphalt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/11
Hi all,

Just a small question...

I purchased a Watch from a trusted seller on June 21st and it broke (a piece is rattling in the case back) as of the 23rd of January...

The seller tells me that they only offer 6 months warranty, and that I would have to pay to have it fixed and shipping both ways.

I would understand if the watch was older but I only had it for 7 months...

Help or input on what I should do?

Thanks
FX

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hey mate. If the vendor offers 6 mths warranty then that's it I'm afraid.
Quite a few offer none at all unless DOA.

Sounds like the rotor has come lose, hack the watch (pull the crown out to the time set position) to stop the movement so the screw can not do damage. It's a simple fix, a screw simply needs re-inserting. If you can get the caseback off you can do it yourself.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yep like TB says if you can get the caseback off it might be very simple. Initially I thought maybe a movement retainer screw might have come loose. Plenty of tutorials around here to help you get the caseback off...Good Luck.

killbill

10/6/11
The duck tape method is good if you don't have a proper caseback removal tool. I was a bit dubious at first but tried it and it does work.

roll some duck tape into a ball, place onto the caseback, hold the watch firmly, push down and twist.

...unless of course it's a caseback that is screwed in!

Assphalt

19/6/11
Thanks for the replies... I did find a tutorial here that said to use some kind of rubber...It worked

And TB was right it was just the rotor...screwed it back in....closed the case and voila...a 2 min Fix...

Thanks for all the help!
FX

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Thanks for the replies... I did find a tutorial here that said to use some kind of rubber...It worked

And TB was right it was just the rotor...screwed it back in....closed the case and voila...a 2 min Fix...

Thanks for all the help!
FX

Glad you got it sorted out, continue to enjoy your watch :)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06

Thanks for all the help!
FX

Excellent and great job on your first repair
levitation.gif

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
CONGRATS !!
for a successful first repair
ALE