• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who has the best Sub? - Perhaps the definitive answer?- TC Sub

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Ale, I cannot read your post on underground style.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale, I cannot read your post on underground style.

Corrected,
Thanks ZoSo

Sorry
icon7.gif

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
I am standing here waiting..Hope it ends well...

Duke1973

14/9/11
Yes this is VERY promising! Although he (TC) said in his post he only bought 5 cases? I surely hope they can be mass produced and offered for sale to us members at the price TC paid ($180)! I'm afraid the Cartel dealers will catch wind of this and the prices will go through the roof due to their "business practices"

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Yes this is VERY promising! Although he (TC) said in his post he only bought 5 cases? I surely hope they can be mass produced and offered for sale to us members at the price TC paid ($180)! I'm afraid the Cartel dealers will catch wind of this and the prices will go through the roof due to their "business practices"
You're probably right. The dealers will eventually catch wind of this and possibly offer it at an inflated price. But realistically speaking there is a bit of room for price adjustment. Compared to what is considered a good "out the box sub" the costs for:;;;;;;;;;;;;
CG shaving/shaping
shaving/shaping a gen insert to fit
a pearl mod
superlume job
tapping threads to fit a gen tube

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;will be eliminated.
And if the gen bezel ring will fit the TC crystal ring...there's a huge savings too.
The fact that the TC case will accept a gen mvt. and gen caseback is a nice touch too...that will have the factories scrambling to work the bugs out of the SA3135 mvt too.
With accuracy like this, it's on a whole new level...this is much more cost effective for the gen owners seeking service replacement cases.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
This is better than one of Sean's case sets? For my money BK still has the best Sub, even if it's not as perfectly exact as this. You know who your dealing with, and the quality your going to get. Can't help the feeling this guys not legit. He's being evasive about where he gets these things. Good stuff, but why the big secret?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
It would bug me that the rehaut engraving doesn't line up at the hour marker hashes as they should.

Fidhle007

13/8/11
This is better than one of Sean's case sets? For my money BK still has the best Sub, even if it's not as perfectly exact as this. You know who your dealing with, and the quality your going to get. Can't help the feeling this guys not legit. He's being evasive about where he gets these things. Good stuff, but why the big secret?
Sean's case is miles better but it's also more then twice the price. Comparing my sean case to the pics of this, the TC has a lower crown much worse bezel and the engraving is a huge tell. Granted those second two issues can be addressed and the first one may allow you to fit a wider range of movements...

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Sean's case is miles better but it's also more then twice the price. Comparing my sean case to the pics of this, the TC has a lower crown much worse bezel and the engraving is a huge tell. Granted those second two issues can be addressed and the first one may allow you to fit a wider range of movements...
I agree with the rehaut engraving on this being off and I haven't ever held either of the bezels so I'm not certain what's better or worse comparing this to the Sean case but where crown height is concerned, how is it you determined that this one has a lower crown?? Based on the illustration pic of it side by side with the gen it looks to me the crown height is "very" close to gen. The Sean case offers a better crown height than this one ??
(not that crown height ever really was an issue for me...I'm just curious)

techlogik

16/7/09
Great, another submariner rep!

I kid. I would rather have something a bit more complex for people to work on, like the GMT IIc...seems like Submariners are a dime a dozen these days...that and Franken IWC 3717s now.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
You know what would be the ultimate, if it will pull through? TC sub case and bracelet with SA3135, BK modded. :bananalama:

But then again, which one is better (sans the price): this TC case & bracelet or the so-called Sean case & bracelet?

Fidhle007

13/8/11
I agree with the rehaut engraving on this being off and I haven't ever held either of the bezels so I'm not certain what's better or worse comparing this to the Sean case but where crown height is concerned, how is it you determined that this one has a lower crown?? Based on the illustration pic of it side by side with the gen it looks to me the crown height is "very" close to gen. The Sean case offers a better crown height than this one ??
(not that crown height ever really was an issue for me...I'm just curious)

Yes, from what I can tell, the sean crown is higher. We are splitting hairs though, The TC case looks as close to the Sean case as it does to the gen... The rehaut engraving doesn't even bother me because that would be coming off no matter what but the engraving on the ends of the case look like that of my noob. Sean's case engraving, numerical accuracy aside is freaking killer and very close to gen. If you wear it on a nato ever, this becomes a factor.

You know what would be the ultimate, if it will pull through? TC sub case and bracelet with SA3135, BK modded. :bananalama:

But then again, which one is better (sans the price): this TC case & bracelet or the so-called Sean case & bracelet?

Eliminating price as a factor, Sean's case is insane. It has more in common with the photos of the gen in these posts then it does with the TC case but the TC is still lightyears ahead of anything else we've had so far, so what's the use, really? I already have a sean case and a bunch of gen parts I will be using for a franken 16610 project but if the LV bug strikes, I'd nab a TC case in a heartbeat. I can only budget for one sean case build at a time...!!!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
He's being evasive about where he gets these things. Good stuff, but why the big secret?
Because it's coming direct from the factory (the guy has contacts, trust me). you don't expect him to give their contact details do you? With any luck TC will be able to make these available to members.

the TC has a lower crown
Yup and it's in the right spot as the gen 3115 fits.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
It fits the gen mvt. Regarding crown height, that's the point I was trying to make in the comparison of the Sean case.
If it'll fit a gen 3135 it can't be too low by much.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
It would bug me that the rehaut engraving doesn't line up at the hour marker hashes as they should.
Removing the rehaut engraving corrects this rather easily......and if this will end up being "factory direct" it's my guess they'll offer a non-engraved version(though that wouldn't really be correct for a V series) or they'll correct it.
Get the engraving right (or remove it) and get the SEL fit perfect...this may end up being the Grand-Daddy of 'em all...if the dial, hands,DW, insert and crystal are as good as the case seems to be.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Well, dial, hands, insert and crystal are going to be up to you along with a MVT.
this will come from tc as a case set, not as a complete watch. I'll get a set ASAP and get one built up so we can see what we have here and time and MVT availability permitting I may build up a few extras. Make a nice raffle prize huh?