• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Navitimer was meant to be Fly! (Pics)

dmacnz

27/9/10
After having my Navitimer a few weeks and barely using it I thought I should give it some wrist time!.

Luck would have it I also had a new lens for my camera to play around with. Here's some photos flying back from Korea this morning in the Bus!

Thought some of you may enjoy the photos!

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

dmacnz

27/9/10
Side Stick Priority?
What does that mean?

Is to show who has the control if there is a a conflict.
You can push a button on the side stick (joystick) to deactivate the other pilots side stick control. The light in the photo (side stick priority) draws green arrow at which pilot has control and a red arrow who lost control! The last pilot to push the "take over button" has priority. Usually both side sticks work at the same time, If both pilots make a input the control demand is summed.
Is designed incase that one pilot had a incapacitation and accidentally fell onto the controls etc.

Dunno if thats understandable! The light was just in the way in the photo!

time_chunk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/10
If both pilots make a input the control demand is summed.

"summed".... silently, unfortunately without physical feedback which would allow one pilot to feel what the other one is doing.
See this.

I like the watch, by the way.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
great action shots! thanks for sharing :)

dmacnz

27/9/10
"summed".... silently, unfortunately without physical feedback which would allow one pilot to feel what the other one is doing.
See this.

I like the watch, by the way.

The Air France accident is a real shame....extremely difficult situation, but I do believe pilot error is the only possible reason for this sad occurrence. You can actually see on the PFD where the side stick is relative to neutral or trimmed centre. So I don't think the feed back or side stick architecture had too much to do with this crash. More to do with pilot experience, and some very abnormal situational training.
I would not of liked to been on the cockpit of that flight!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Someone can take amazing pics for the next year's calendar!!!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Speaking of Airbus, more cracks found in the Super Jumbos I see . . .

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Amazing real environement pics

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
Just Breautifull Breitling and pilot perfect couple. Nice Airbus. I am also an airline pilot from Mexico. Happy landings.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Very nice navitimer! Is that blue or black dial?