• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Colorless Double Sided AR

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I've been away for awhile and in the mean time someone removed the AR from some of the PAM reps. Can someone explain? Usually when a dealer or dealers says something like "Colorless Double Sided AR" it translates into "We've removed the AR all together but we're saying it's "Colorless" I've got a NOOB 111 on the way and I want to be prepared. Can someone explain this to me? Does this colorless AR actually work? In this I am a complete NOOB.

Sean K

LupTak

Renowned Member
15/12/11
Good point/question. I'm on the verge of ordering one too (after CNY) and would like to hear opinions on this as well.

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Yes, just got the new 088 and it looks awesome.
Probably the best rep AR i have seen and I have seen a large number of them.

Cheiftang and others aftermarket variety is better but not by all that much, this is a really good coating.
I am worried about it's scratch resistance but it will take a few months before we know about that but yes it is a major upgrade!!!

Colorless in this case just means there is no hue at all, not blue, purple, yellow, etc...
It does it's job of reducing reflections without any color tint.

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
I should note:
that technically if single sided (inside only) then scratching would not be an issue.

BUT I am not sure they are really single sided.
For the new 088 for example from H factory ; some dealers state this as single and others double sided
I have one and can confirm it is double sided AR.
So as usual take what the dealers say with a grain of salt.

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Worse case if it scratches on the top layer you could always take a cape cod cloth to the top and remove the top coat.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I've been away for awhile and in the mean time someone removed the AR from some of the PAM reps. Can someone explain? Usually when a dealer or dealers says something like "Colorless Double Sided AR" it translates into "We've removed the AR all together but we're saying it's "Colorless" I've got a NOOB 111 on the way and I want to be prepared. Can someone explain this to me? Does this colorless AR actually work? In this I am a complete NOOB.

Sean K

Yes it really does work and looks outstanding, here's a few pics of my Noob 111M from diff angles ect

42a29516.jpg

3e09b2a6.jpg

68fdd0c3.jpg

c5a405ee.jpg

a5dfb5b7.jpg

46746ef1.jpg

657db167.jpg

ff500aba.jpg

90f91fc3.jpg

90f91fc3.jpg

And here's a pic of my 005K Crystal considered to Be the best, notice the difference between the 111M double ar colourless
a563e2bc.jpg

9396846d.jpg

As for scratches and durability mines holding up very very well, nothing at all scratched on the crystal

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
^^^ mate, you did a great job with the CP's in both watches above.....CP's are the biggest giveaway for all PAM reps and you did so good flattening & polishing it.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
^^^ mate, you did a great job with the CP's in both watches above.....CP's are the biggest giveaway for all PAM reps and you did so good flattening & polishing it.
Cp hasn't been touched on either, they both have a very slight pointed nipple:biglaugh: just very very hard to capture

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Very nice pics Sharkkey. You captured it well. There, now I feel better.

Sean

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Very nice pics Sharkkey. You captured it well. There, now I feel better.

Sean

No worries about new AR Colorless, It is awesome
I have PAM111 and PAM 029 both very good
ALE