• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5 years & Post 1,111. (a thanks & the watches)

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
What a ride it's been! Just wanted to take a moment to reflect and post my obligatory 1000 posts thread.

5-6 years ago when I started looking for the best sub, I never thought i'd wind up hanging around on a rep watch board. Upon introduction to this world, a few witty fellows (Demsey, HFC) argued that the best sub was a pam, and vice versa. I began working overtime to figure out what the hell TRL, MBW, ETA, DSN and a thousand other 3 letter words meant. You know, the 3 month blur.

Time marches on, and I tried to figure out who was where, on what board, and keep up with friends come and gone. There's always so much going on and i'm pretty sure I still don't know much about most of it. D4M invited me here back in '07, at the time I was posting primarily on RWG2 to the tune of almost 3K posts last I checked. I spent more and more time on RWI over the past few years, eventually calling this home. I feel welcome on all the boards, but I've always enjoyed the overall forum attitude here, the perfect mix of fun, watches, OT, humor VS seriousness. There's something here for every personality. I've seen a few people come and go over the years, some of which I miss more than others. :lol:

I've laid claim to a few nice watches over the years, trading and such. I try to keep to the same wise plan as By-Tor, keeping only what fits in my 10 slot watchbox. The rest, well... they fit in my other watch boxes just fine. :lol:

Most importantly, I want to thank my friends at RWI for having me. Thank you for giving me a place to hang out with like minded individuals, as well as share my strap creations. Thank you guys, you know who you are.. Yes, even that Aussie guy.

Want to see whats come and gone over the years? No? Too bad, here they are:

My first pickup, a VIP mariner, confirmed gen nickle ETA (Josh). My father wears this watch to this day, only a few minor tweaks.

joann096.jpg

Next, the infamous "dead at midnight" 177H (josh). I had to fix the hair spring when it arrived, it was tangled on itself. My 1st repair. One night the watch stopped running exactly midnight. I made a post about it at the time, with this pic. I left it on the table on top of the Breitling catalog that came in the mail that day. This is how I found it the next morning. Maybe it was pissed?

DSC01685.jpg

On strapculture legend.. The strap that started my obsession.
SDC12226.jpg

I think the swissfish came next. I still have this, still love this, no you cannot buy it. Confirmed gen nickle plated ETA, watchmaker said it looked brand new. (Josh)

SFSO.jpg

SFSOETABLACK.jpg

A noob 21j yachty. Beautiful watch, just not for me.

YMWood3.jpg

This is around the time I picked up a SMP w/ gen eta. I did a pearl swap and shared my little mod project with you guys. I sold this watch on rather quickly surprised that we didn't "bond".

DSC02718.jpg

DSC02695.jpg

It gets a little blurry.. I got a gen Calibre6, which I sold a few years later for more than I purchased it for.

Calibre6.jpg

The wife before she was the wife got this for xmas, from Reg... I didn't get her anything, just Reg.

SDC10411.jpg

I think I got my skyland around that time. I sent it to Ziggy for a full service and lume job. It was and still remains one of my all time favorite watches.

IMG_4130XRS2.jpg

Don't forget who invented the bracelet rattle fix! ;)

DSC00678.jpg

less talk, more watches...

came and went-
Mil2.jpg

Got this when I was about 21, for my birthday. Old school rep.

DSC01038.jpg

Gave it a little TLC, not bad! Still have it.

Untitled-1.jpg

One I should've kept.

IMG_4806.jpg

Still a favorite.

IMG_3800-Copy.jpg

I made a silly thread, circa the proplof release. This is my proFRRF

IMG_4054-1.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

DSSD, Trevor version w/ clone ETA. Still have it. Nice watch; bracelet pulls my arm hair or i'd wear it more.

IMG_4852BWSIG.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

Got my hands dirty, made a no cg GMT. Long gone. I hope whoever has it got the right size crown for it.

IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

Gen SMP, purchased Tourneau NYC on my honeymoon.

IMG_3403.jpg

AKA "the torch"

IMG_3444.jpg

My late grandfathers SMP w/ mine. Has since been put on bracelet and given to my wife.

IMG_3437.jpg

A fiddy, now gone. This is the savage strap I won here on RWI. Yep, I actually won something! :)

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

Came and went..

IMG_3515.jpg

One of the latest iterations of the 42mm PO w/ correct He placement. Clone ETA (MR). Still own.

IMG_6007.jpg

This is my best sub. Noob LV, clone ETA, with a WM pearl thrown in. Timeshops. Never really wore it, just had to have a sub. I'd like to put a black bezel insert on it.

IMG_6618.jpg

GMT IIC V3, clone ETA, timeshop. Still have it & like it very much.

IMG_7623.jpg

111M. Stupid H factory. Rather, stupid N factory for coming out with a better watch after I sunk $250 on this thing. It still works, and I still have it. This is my strap model!

IMG_9546.jpg

For anyone that actually read this far. Thank you. Please post something. Anything!! :troll:

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Haha......great post from a great member. Congrats P4GTR, I didn't realize you'd been here so long.

Your contribution to the forum is immense and long may it continue. :)

Cheers buddy.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I love to read these kind of stories! And i love more the photos along with them..!

You got them both! Keep up the good work!!!

maily

9/10/10
Congratulations mate :) As usual really enjoyed reading 1 of your many posts :)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Thanks for the nice sentiments and great watch pics.
happy-051.gif

D

d4m.test

FASCINATING post/history of you, P4GTR. Loved every minute of it; and the pics! You obviously had some training because the watch pics are great! Congrats to a well-established RWI member.

dave

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Don't forget the baby girl you got along the way. :)

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Don't forget the baby girl you got along the way. :)

Mom's always right. :facepalm: :(

Here's Abb's. (Abigail). Born 8/30/11. Our 1st. Our everything. :wub:

Mom's pregnant again. :whistle:

IMG_9098.jpg

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Goodness. You didn't give Mom much of a break, did you? :)

So bottlefeeding, not breastfeeding?

(way to derail thread...)

Hey, she tricked me! Seriously, I did nothing. I can't help the fact that women can't resist me. :whistle:

Formula fed. Just starting some simple rice cereal on a spoon this week.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Hehe, of all things for you to win........a strap!!!
others-249.GIF

:lol: Savage has been at it longer than me, was a great strap!

FASCINATING post/history of you, P4GTR. Loved every minute of it; and the pics! You obviously had some training because the watch pics are great! Congrats to a well-established RWI member.

dave

No training, a camera im not worthy of and decent lighting is all.

Thanks for the posts all.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Nice story
Nice pics
And... very very nice baby
Congrats Daniel !!