• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Skyland v2, v3 or other? QC pics

rob77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/11
Hi
Just got my QC pictures through and I think this may be a v3. I ordered a v2 ( v2 ultimate it was stated as) but the flagpole no.1 gives it away as some other version. I'm a bit annoyed really as I could have just picked up a v3 from another dealer cheaper but went with this one as he had the cheapest v2 I could find.

If anyone could tell me what version this is it would be most appreciated :)

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
Looks ace, whatever version it happens to be :)

rob77

25/11/11
Thanks Lenny

Datewheel also looks a little low

Del

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
15/7/10
I agree. It looks like a v3 with the latest updated dial (better lume dots).

Can't you query this with the dealer?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Add me too. Definatelly the latest edition with the fixed lume dots... the datewheel though is indeed low and you are right on this!

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
there's nothing you can do about getting what you paid for?

rob77

25/11/11
Thanks guys

Its just that I could have got a v3 cheaper elsewhere but went for this one as it was stated as a v2. Do you think I'm being a bit picky about the datewheel?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I could leave with it or even better change it for a gen datewheel! But if bothers you, you may want to mention it... Also i would ask about that tiny gap at the crown. I remember mine was sitting perfect there at the case...

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
its a new v3...nobody has v2 anymore, so whoever the dealer has it listed wrong or something. watch looks fine though

rob77

25/11/11
there's nothing you can do about getting what you paid for?
I've emailed him just to see what he says

I could leave with it or even better change it for a gen datewheel! But if bothers you, you may want to mention it... Also i would ask about that tiny gap at the crown. I remember mine was sitting perfect there at the case...
Yes your right. Looking at this thread here http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...mparison-photo-side-side-also-whats-different the crown does indeed look out or not fully screwed in. I noticed the datewheel looked a little low on the v3 shown there as well

Del

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
15/7/10
I think the datewheel might look low because of the angle of the photo - you need to see a perfectly straight on shot to know for sure.

To be honest, it is very common to get the datewheel very slightly out on these. My v3 was out a fraction but I got it fixed when it was re-lumed. My Seawolf is also slightly out (it's high - see sig pic) but it is not noticeable unless you study a macro photo - these things are not noticeable when wearing it, I can assure you!

rob77

25/11/11
Thanks del.

If its not noticeable on normal viewing then I will probably go for it :)

Its just the crown that is bothering me now, like another member said it has a gap between it and the bezel. I've emailed the dealer just asking for him to see if it screwed in tight

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
all dealers seem to be doing this i nearly had it done on me with a soh, at the end of the day i wouldnt accept it, you paid for a v2 and this asshole is trying to send you a v3, its not on! id ask for my money back and go get a cheaper v3 somewhere else, sod him whoever he/she is they wouldnt get my custom ever again!

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
Wow. Just wow. It could just be an honest mistake. You are the reason why our dealers quit us.

they know exactly what there listing and providing/doing there just looking for the sale i prefer honesty from anyone in life and dont accept bs, have removed my tampon now but i have heard this so many times and really pi$$es me off honesty is the best policy, just my opinion take it or leave it!

rob77

25/11/11
Its the second time this has happened to me. Once with an IWC slevin I ordered off of another dealer and it wasn't the same version as the one pictured on his website, now this. I'll probably end up taking it I'm just waiting on him getting back to me to see if the crown can be screwed in fully

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
vpx thinks its o.k but i dont, id make sure you ask all the right questions etc before parting with any cash mate next time, learn from it, i take back asshole as thats not on to be fair i dont know the guy and maybe it is a mistake, im venting some frustrations i have had with a dealer lately, yes there running a business and i get that i also run a business but i think that bs is not the way to go if they dont have it just say!.
hope you can get it sorted, just drop it to him that you want the v2 or a refund dont feel pressured into it and just taking it.

rob77

25/11/11
vpx thinks its o.k but i dont, id make sure you ask all the right questions etc before parting with any cash mate next time, learn from it, i take back asshole as thats not on to be fair i dont know the guy and maybe it is a mistake, im venting some frustrations i have had with a dealer lately, yes there running a business and i get that i also run a business but i think that bs is not the way to go if they dont have it just say!.
hope you can get it sorted, just drop it to him that you want the v2 or a refund dont feel pressured into it and just taking it.

Thanks mate

I can totally understand your frustration at the dealers. I have used 4 dealers now and out of those, 2 have been ok and the other 2 not so good. I received another QC picture this morning and have just decided to accept it. I did ask questions like this is not a v2 and can the crown be screwed in fully. He decided to skip those questions and just send me another picture of the datewheel at a different position. I'm not happy to be honest and doubt I'll be ordering again from him.

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
to be fair mate find a good one and stick, i only use one for the high end reps for the budget reps i have dipped my toe with other dealers, and the old saying you pay for what you get even applies with replica goods too even if the stuff is the same sometimes you pay for customer service,good luck with your skyland wear it well!