• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Took The Plunge on the Tona!

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
did u have them serviced.? or were they straight from dealer other then the regulation & greasing work.?

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
Not serviced at all (besides my regulation & lube work). This is straight from the dealer condition. My motto is: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
+1 on that Syd......just wear it till it craps out and THEN fix it up....

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
how is the thickness of the case compared to gen? The only thing keeping me from the 'tona is the inaccurate case thickness.

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
how is the thickness of the case compared to gen? The only thing keeping me from the 'tona is the inaccurate case thickness.

Not very obvious at all! I mean, I wore it to the AD and they saw it. One was the salesguy, the other one one was the manager, none of them had a clue - they both thought it was gen.
I mean I wasn't bragging or anything and it was not my sole purpose for being there. My sole purpose was to had my wife's diamond ring ultrasonically cleaned. But as I handed them the ring, they saw my Daytona, so I let them see it while I tried on their Exp II.

ninja

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/12/10
is this still running well

D

d4m.test

Good for you, Syd! Congrats on having a bomb-free Daytona. Looks very good on the 'ole wrist. I assume the chronos work the way they're supposed to do?

dave

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
Good for you, Syd! Congrats on having a bomb-free Daytona. Looks very good on the 'ole wrist. I assume the chronos work the way they're supposed to do?

dave

Yup, chrono functions as it should and resets right on Zero.

Conclusion: It is Bomb free!

And I won't sell her even if somebody gave me twice the price I paid for it!
I may never get another chance like this the next time around.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Not very obvious at all! I mean, I wore it to the AD and they saw it. One was the salesguy, the other one one was the manager, none of them had a clue - they both thought it was gen.
I mean I wasn't bragging or anything and it was not my sole purpose for being there. My sole purpose was to had my wife's diamond ring ultrasonically cleaned. But as I handed them the ring, they saw my Daytona, so I let them see it while I tried on their Exp II.

:picard:

[non-specific ancient deity with zombie like resurrection powers], you're like the third person in as many days that I have had to remind of the primary rule of this forum and this hobby if you want to remain a member. What's even worse is that you're not only a long term member but also, looking at your post count, a frequent enough contributor as well. You should know better.

DONT WEAR YOUR REPS INTO A DEALERS!

It's not a hard rule, it's actually pretty feckin common sense. I would suggest you stick to it from now on.

:asshat:

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
:picard:

Jesus, you're like the third person in as many days that I have had to remind of the primary rule of this forum and this hobby if you want to remain a member. What's even worse is that you're not only a long term member but also, looking at your post count, a frequent enough contributor as well. You should know better.

It's not a hard rule, it's actually pretty feckin common sense. I would suggest you stick to it from now on.

:asshat:

Please don't take the name of God in vain. YOU OFFEND ME!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I have edited my post to reflect my tolerance for members of all religions participating in this forum. Be they Christian, Jewish, Muslim or Asshat.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07

Just curious, why, and who would care? It could only be a source of embarrassment for the wearer.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Who would care? We, as a community should care. I don't particularly want the manufacturers clamping down on the rep makers, or at the very least shutting down the forums that we all enjoy. Attention to the community and the hobby from any official source is not wanted or needed. We already know that the US and other governments are under a lot of pressure to stop counterfeit goods and websites that promote them. Why make it easier for them?

But regardless of that it's part and parcel of your continued membership here on the board. Please see the RWI constitution:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/first-constitution-rwi-52724

2) do not post pictures or references to your rep watch on forums for genuine watches. Replicas are legal to purchase in the US, but not in all countries, and they are illegal to manufacture and sell everywhere. Yes, certainly Rolex knows they exist, and they undoubtedly know about these forums as well, but there is no need to call attention to ourselves, or to demonstrate to the world how good the imitations have become.

Whilst it is not explicitly written, it is common sense that entering an AD with a rep will call attention to the hobby, as stated above.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Bonesey has a point, but is kind of being a bit rude in making it. I am sure Syd did not go into the jeweler to show off his watch, but maybe just a coincidence as he was getting his wife's ring cleaned...Syd, you know better lol...Bigtime no no.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Bonesey has a point, but is kind of being a bit rude in making it. I am sure Syd did not go into the jeweler to show off his watch, but maybe just a coincidence as he was getting his wife's ring cleaned...Syd, you know better lol...Bigtime no no.

+1

(The point of this is to back ZoSo, not to pad my already flabby post count. :lol:)

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
Guys, my bad. I was careless. It was an impulse shop that day for us at the mall and I didn't even think twice about it when my wife decided to have her rings cleaned. It wasn't planned at all in all honesty.

I am sorry.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Occasionally one would just happen to wear a rep to an AD, but I think its fine as long as it stays on your wrist and not trying to show it off or pass it to them to inspect in details...
But ultimately, try to avoid by putting it in your pocket or what.

icepiller

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/11
Has anyone else bought this 29j 2008 version?
Is everyone's still running?
Anyone looking to sell theirs?