• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC photos for 5 of the 7 watches i ordered

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Hello all bros here, I have just receive QC photos for 5 of the 7 watches that i have order. So i would like to get help from all bros here that are with more experience whether is the watches ok or not.

Cartier Ballon Bleu 36mm
DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0169-1.jpg

Panerai Luminor 10 Days GMT
DSC_0165-1.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

Rolex Submariner Ceramic 1 (Noob Factory)
DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

Rolex Submariner Ceramic 2 (Noob Factory)
DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Noob Factory)
DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0167-1.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

I have notice that the steel part that is holding the pearl on the bezel is a bit out of shape at the left side. So i would like to seek advice from all bros here whether is it ok or not? And other than this is there any other problem with any of the watches above?

Thank you and wish all bros here have a happy new year!!!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
They all look nice to me, except the pearl as you pointed out on the DSSD. That's what QC photos are for, so don't feel bad about asking for a different watch.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
You bought 7 watches in a row ? Wow...

carlton

2/10/11
They all look nice to me, except the pearl as you pointed out on the DSSD. That's what QC photos are for, so don't feel bad about asking for a different watch.

So the DSSD indeed have a problem at the bezel and not because of angle for the photo or the lighting?

You bought 7 watches in a row ? Wow...

Yeah, 7 in a row but not all for myself............

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
The DSSD looks like the one I bought from Trevor and in the QC pic the folding section of the clasp turned inwards just like your pic.

I assumed it was just not closed completely but on the wrist with the folding part against the wrist the outer part of the clasp hangs around 6mm clear of the bracelet.

I don't know if it is a common problem with the DSSD or if it is just Trevors stock.

A little careful bending has improved but not completely solved the issue on mine.

carlton

2/10/11
I have just send an e-mail to the dealer to request a change for another piece of the Rolex DSSD because of the flaw that i have notice. Meanwhile, i'm still waiting for the QC photos of the other 2 watches that is in this order. Hopefully everything goes well for me.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
nice to see that pearls are centered again on new watches, despite that bent pearl surround which i would not accept, it seems for quite awhile every single pearl on a new rollie sub was misaligned,

carlton

2/10/11
nice to see that pearls are centered again on new watches, despite that bent pearl surround which i would not accept, it seems for quite awhile every single pearl on a new rollie sub was misaligned,

Yeah, other than the steel part that hold the pearl is dented, i'm very please with the quality for the rest of them.

Fez

Renowned Member
17/5/11
Where did the cartier come from, how much and what are the specs?

its a very nice watch!

boostin20

8/9/10
USA

+1 I wouldn't accept that dented pearl surround either. What the next one be severely misaligned, lol.

carlton

2/10/11
Where did the cartier come from, how much and what are the specs?

its a very nice watch!

Yeah, I'm very satisfied with the quality of this watch. I have order them from Trevor, a TD at this forum.Cost is at USD 308 excluding shipping fee and it is said to be fitted with Swiss ETA 2671 movement.

+1 I wouldn't accept that dented pearl surround either. What the next one be severely misaligned, lol.

Hopefully the next one will come good as the current one look too obvious for me........

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I wouldn't have all of those shipped together, but good luck hope all works out for you. Looks good except for the one.

D

d4m.test

Very good pickups, I'd say -- even though the DSSD has that slight dent. Good luck & very impressive watches, esp. the Subs!

dave

carlton

2/10/11
I wouldn't have all of those shipped together, but good luck hope all works out for you. Looks good except for the one.

May i know what is the reason for not wanting them to shipped together?

PecMan

4/5/09
the weight i think , it is gonna be to heavy, more chances for them to open the box and check whats in there , there is a logical reason for sure but i dont remember

carlton

2/10/11
the weight i think , it is gonna be to heavy, more chances for them to open the box and check whats in there , there is a logical reason for sure but i dont remember

I see, actually i also thinking of the higher risk it is if all the watches is shipped together but before i order, he did assure me that if the package is lost or seized by custom, he will resend me the watches without any additional charges. Hopefully all will goes well for me.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Trevor must work with his hands for a living...Least I hope so...:biglaugh:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
May i know what is the reason for not wanting them to shipped together?

Pec got it, its the weight and size of box its gonna take to ship it to you, this will raise customs awareness of the package as they may be interested to take a peek at it and losing that many at once (if taken by customs) will hurt, but if the seller is giving you a delivey gurantee well I guess your good. Good luck.:sub4me:

MarkTS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/08
very nice photo. big and clear.
enjoy it.

carlton

2/10/11
Pec got it, its the weight and size of box its gonna take to ship it to you, this will raise customs awareness of the package as they may be interested to take a peek at it and losing that many at once (if taken by customs) will hurt, but if the seller is giving you a delivey gurantee well I guess your good. Good luck.:sub4me:

Actually I was a bit nervous to have order so many at the same time, pray hard that nothing bad will happen......

very nice photo. big and clear.
enjoy it.

Thanks bro.