• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111M Noob, can't decide on a strap!

dustindu4

18/7/11
Got some x-mas money burning a hole in my pocket. Been eyeing the 111M for a while now. I know enough that the noob maker is the better than H for 111M.

I can't decide which strap to get. Are the leather straps any good? Should I just get the rep rubber and get a bob croc? Can I change the hardware on these (tang and buckle) to put the ones from the rubber to a bob? Thoughts? I'm leaning towards brown.

Trevor has a smoking deal right now for $198 on this watch.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
ho ho ho .. welcome to the dark side...
panerai-logo.jpg

and to the straps game.. any strap will look awesome...

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Hi, I agree, the Noob 111M is "overall" better then the H (though the H is very nice). From what I have read, the Noob leather strap is not all that good. I JUST very reluctantly sold my Noob PAM 111M (with a rubber and leather strap) to help fund another watch purchase. I bought mine from Pure Time with the rubber strap. I loved it, the rubber strap was very comfortable and looked damn good! However, I did get the leather strap from PT as well (see below link). The leather strap was very nice, great color and gives the 111M a more "elegant look." It was not as comfortable and you have to be very careful not to splash water when washing your hands, or it "spots" the leather. So, if you want just one, I would go with the rubber strap, as it is more comfortable but not quite as elegant (but still looks darn nice!). If you want to change up the looks, get both. The straps are VERY EASY to change as they are screwed on/off at the lugholes. The buckles are easy to change as well. Though, I am lazy and got the leather strap with buckle included. Finally, I have not looked at Trevor's offering, and that is a smoking deal "if" it is the same watch that PT (super lume-movement...etc) is offering. Hope that helps!

Below is the Pure Time link to the 24/24 Leather Strap:
http://www.puretimewatch.com/produc...-light-brown-leather-strap-on-ss-tang-buckle/

dustindu4

18/7/11
Thanks for the insight.

I have a yellow seawolf on gen rubber, very comfortable. Fantastic sporty watch. But I think I'm looking for a more "dressy" look that I can wear for business. The water issue with leather is pretty much true for any leather strap. I might just go leather and pick up a used rubber because I can disinfect those. Used leather straps are GROSS.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Thanks for the insight. I have a yellow seawolf on gen rubber, very comfortable. Fantastic sporty watch. But I think I'm looking for a more "dressy" look that I can wear for business. The water issue with leather is pretty much true for any leather strap. I might just go leather and pick up a used rubber because I can disinfect those. Used leather straps are GROSS.

If it is "dressy" you are going after, then leather is the way to go. From what I have read, the Noob leather strap is consider by many to be "too thin" and they wished they had purchased the rubber. I did not want to risk it and went with rubber but knowing I was going to get the "upgraded" 24/24 leather offering from PT as well. Since, I did not get the Noob leather strap that comes with the watch, I can't tell you anything personally about it's quality. If you go that route, I just hope you don't end up having to purchase another leather strap. If you do, the link that I sent you on the PT's 24/24 leather strap was a great color, and well made at a reasonable price. It is not the same one that comes with the Noob from what I understand. Best to you and it is a great watch!

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Got some x-mas money burning a hole in my pocket. Been eyeing the 111M for a while now. I know enough that the noob maker is the better than H for 111M.

I can't decide which strap to get. Are the leather straps any good? Should I just get the rep rubber and get a bob croc? Can I change the hardware on these (tang and buckle) to put the ones from the rubber to a bob? Thoughts? I'm leaning towards brown.

Trevor has a smoking deal right now for $198 on this watch.

Both the noob leather and rubber are the best out there in terms of replication to OEM. Best buying the rubber as you will get more selling it on afterwards, trust me you will get sucked into buying more straps for your Pam.
Here's mine on an Ass strap
9396846d.jpg

185f488e.jpg

Cbr1574

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/11
What size buckle do you have on that watch. I really the high polished look.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
croc and ach make awesome straps.

You can also use panatime for 10% off your order with code RWI

Also Mario paci is having a sale if you use this discount code: Kule_Yule_After_Xmas_2011

Gr00v3

30/10/10
my buddy Thomas runs www.crownandbuckle.com

they have a plethora of straps, ranging from nato, to silicone to leather straps. Truth be told, i just picked up 4 leather straps for my 111 noob as well, i picked up the chevlon, mulholland, wilton and windsor along with a couple cape cod cloths.

don't let the prices fool you, they might not be as expensive as other strap websites, but the quality is top notch. as soon as my noob comes in, i'll be posting up a review

and just a little icing on the cake, if you put in watchuseek in as a coupon code, you'll receive a 15% discount on your entire order

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'll use him for Zulus and 5 rings at least. He needs to put details of available methods of payment on there. I like to know how I can pay before filling out an order!

There needs to be a set of icons on the index page for what methods he accepts.
Not having it will be costing him sales.

Gr00v3

30/10/10
trailboss, thanks for the input. i'll relay him the message

for the record, he takes most major credit cards and paypal