• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Suggestion on DJII

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
If you and I want a fantasy model. I don't think we be here?

Getting a accurate rep and try fooling someone are always part of the rep game.. If you think differences and accuracy not important. Why bother buying a V1-V5 mode with different prices? Isn't all will be the same?

I disagree.
There are excellent fantasy models out there which fully encapsulate the Rolex design language and could have been made by Rolex.

The main aspect is if the quality and attention to detail is of a standard to make the watch plausible.

There is nobody other than members here and ADs who would know the full and complete range of DJII and I can think of at least 2 versions which are really good and plausible:

One is the all steel, grey dial and green roman numeral (no picture). The gen only exists in two-tone, but the fantasy version looks great.

The other is this one:

067.jpg

Very poor picture, but great looking watch. The Gen would have diamonds instead of stick markers, and in my opinion the stick markers look far better.

1:1 reps are great when they exist, but a very good fantasy can be as well.

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
While shopping at Walmart the other day the cashier stopped scanning my stuff, grabs my arm and yells at me "U r wearing a f***ing fake Rolex!!!!. The spacing is way of on the 'Superlative Chronometer Officialy Certified' letters!!! " Man was I embarrassed. I wish he wouldn't yelled that loud. :facepalm:

But honestly I have the blue DJ II and it is a great watch. Checked it out at the AD and by the time I was back in the car I couldn't tell that the blue is waaay off or any thing else being off. My wife thinks it is the nicest watch I have. The only thing that doesn't look quite right are the SEL. The angle SEL to bracelet is a bit off. Everything else is sooo tiny it doesn't bother me. Got it from Trevor. Great watch, go buy it with A2836.

Bro , not that I am say you are lying. It's very obvious the gen blue stick dial is dark blue. Rep one is blue.. You can check out the photos of the gen. I too went to AD and was shocked how
Different the color is between the rep and gen. You can check out darth Alex blue DJ II review and see for yrself.

Watchnuts2

Known Member
25/7/11
Bro , not that I am say you are lying. It's very obvious the gen blue stick dial is dark blue. Rep one is blue.. You can check out the photos of the gen. I too went to AD and was shocked how
Different the color is between the rep and gen. You can check out darth Alex blue DJ II review and see for yrself.

... and I'm telling you the Rep one is dark blue as well. I own one and it's great. Darth Alex is the reason I have one now. Unless you are at a well illuminated cocktail bar and the guy right next to you has the same there is no way someone would know or would care. Remember the 99.999% rule. It's a very nice rep and watch and that is all I can say about it.

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
... and I'm telling you the Rep one is dark blue as well. I own one and it's great. Darth Alex is the reason I have one now. Unless you are at a well illuminated cocktail bar and the guy right next to you has the same there is no way someone would know or would care. Remember the 99.999% rule. It's a very nice rep and watch and that is all I can say about it.

Bro, I too own the same blue DJII Rep from TS same as what darth Alex gets from.... I held it side by side with the gen. The color is way off. Rep one is blue. Never dark blue. Did you really see the gen dial pic I post at Alex thread. I just trying to present the truth not something I try to sell on... Even without side by side comparison. Someone seen the gen color before from far will know it's rep.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=889278&postcount=60

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=889872&postcount=63

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Guys the 99.9% rule is not for us..

I am just saying..This is to remember that you will never be called out...

If we hear to this rule we would all have noob subs and quartz Hublot's or AP's...
We all take our desicions with our personal preferences and budgets!!!
Also remember that some of us are more picky than the others!!For me the 36mm DJ is better than the new style one..By far..But only my opinion...

p.s.
Argue as much as you want,i like forum arguing and i am a victim of one...
Also i have no problem with the noob sub i think it is great value for money!!

RolexPresident

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/09
I disagree.
There are excellent fantasy models out there which fully encapsulate the Rolex design language and could have been made by Rolex.

The main aspect is if the quality and attention to detail is of a standard to make the watch plausible.

There is nobody other than members here and ADs who would know the full and complete range of DJII and I can think of at least 2 versions which are really good and plausible:

One is the all steel, grey dial and green roman numeral (no picture). The gen only exists in two-tone, but the fantasy version looks great.

The other is this one:

067.jpg

Very poor picture, but great looking watch. The Gen would have diamonds instead of stick markers, and in my opinion the stick markers look far better.

1:1 reps are great when they exist, but a very good fantasy can be as well.

Actually you can get Mother of Pearl dials without diamonds from the factory, one of my gens is mother of pearl in a unique color with roman numerals. the one you point out in the picture would not be a fantasy rep at all.

One of the reasons I love Rolex and buy the Gens is the ability to customize them and make them unique. Most other brands dont have this ability or selection of dials, bracelets, bezels etc to choose from.

tah

7/2/11
One of the reasons I love Rolex and buy the Gens is the ability to customize them and make them unique. Most other brands dont have this ability

Know what you mean there. I have an old Tag Chrono I bought on a business trip to Hong Kong years ago. It's a gen as I bought it in a jewelry store in the lobby of the Omni Hotel downtown Kowloon City. Also it's been to Tag for service a couple of times.

It's a blue face with black subdials and a blue bezel. I thought it would look good with a black bezel and tried to get one. The dealers aren't allowed to do ANY mods. They have to order parts with the serial and model numbers and when Tag knows it's the blue bezel.....that's the end of the discussion.

Kinda blows in my opinion............

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Actually you can get Mother of Pearl dials without diamonds from the factory, one of my gens is mother of pearl in a unique color with roman numerals. the one you point out in the picture would not be a fantasy rep at all.

One of the reasons I love Rolex and buy the Gens is the ability to customize them and make them unique. Most other brands dont have this ability or selection of dials, bracelets, bezels etc to choose from.

That is very interesting.

I wonder if that is the case only for Rolex, and have opened a separate thread in General Discussion.

Perhaps we can see your customised Rollie(s?) here?