• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Sub 16610 vs. PO 42mm v5

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I know this is a ridiculous question but I've got to flip one of my reps to make space in the box. I wear both the Rolex Noob 16610 and Omega PO 42mm (v5) as general day-to-day 'suit' watches and I consider both of them good reps. Which one would you say is the most convincing and is less likely to be called out?

By the way both are ETA clones running well...

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
I vote the 42mm PO. If yours the Orange one or black/white one?

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
It's a black/white SS bracelet version - I've got a rubber strapped UPO I wear as a casual watch but just don't see the need for both of these two. Goodbye Noob...

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I know this is a ridiculous question

Dear pjsayer my friend.
Sorry, I agree wiht it is a ridiculous question:
It is just up to you !!
icon7.gif

hartdoc

14/9/11
I own a gen PO 42 orange po and a gen sub. If I had to pick one of the two. The sub would go out of sheer love for the PO. Esp since these are reps you are talking about. But in the gen world I have to look at the resale value of each long term

LUWE

Renowned Member
9/7/11
It is not that easy...

The PO is a beautiful watch! The Sub is a classic one...

If both rep, I would keep the PO and let the Sub go...

If both GEN I would let go the PO.... A GEN Sub you can sell anytime at a decent price...

Because of the NEW PO price drops... IMO...

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Indeed. If they were both gens I'd keep the Sub, sell the PO and buy a bucketload of quality reps. But my original question was, pound-for-pound, which one is the better rep?

tagman26

2/1/11
Keep the PO unless the sub is a special Franken version that will be impossible to get again.

lonegroover

Horology Curious
27/11/11
I know this is a ridiculous question but I've got to flip one of my reps to make space in the box. I wear both the Rolex Noob 16610 and Omega PO 42mm (v5) as general day-to-day 'suit' watches and I consider both of them good reps. Which one would you say is the most convincing and is less likely to be called out?

By the way both are ETA clones running well...

Having done the Google image search due diligence, I'd say the Rolex replica is a bit closer cosmetically to the real thing.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
PO has my vote... V5 is a great rep....

Different story if gen, as has already been said.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
No way letting one go!

Both belong in a complete collection. The sub gets a little more wrist time with me, but i love both

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I have a c-Sub which I prefer despite the fact that the Noob 16610 is probably a more convincing rep. It never ceases to amuse me when people proudly state 'you can tell it's fake 'cos the bracelet's tinny and cheap'. As if I needed another reason why I would never consider spending £3K+ on a real 16610!