• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why isn't there an ultimate thread..........

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
What if I wasn't buying a rep? What if I found a nice used sub for sale second hand at a reasonable price?

Buy it. Then you will have the ultimate Sub and your search will be over.

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/12/10
You take the gen pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the rep pill, you stay in Wonderland, and we and this forum show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Buy it. Then you will have the ultimate Sub and your search will be over.

For sure buy it, but only if you can afford it. If you can I would go that route and save yourself the never ending headache of rep madness, cause there is no perfect rep it doesn't exist. You'll be far better off with a gently preowned gen.:sub4me:

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
From yr way of asking, I advise you to get puretime SA3135 new rolex sub. And slowly start mod from there. Why? Cos it's using a real clon 3135 which operates like real rolex 3135 movt. Once with cosmetic mod. This watch can only be call out as rep with the back case open. Even you open it, it takes a rolex expert to iden the fake 3135 movt.

You will probably spend about more than $1k. But you may get a rolex as good as gen... While without a gen price ($5K)

You can even afford to Pass it to yr friend to take a look and they will not even know it's rep. The SA3135 movt turns in the same direction as the crown turnng , same as 3135 movt unlike the eta 2836.

Do you think people with gens routinely show off which way the hands turn on their watch? If you are showing off your nifty hand turning trick, you'll be labeled as having a rep. I've owned two gen Subs and never did that once. The more you brag about how great your watch is, the more fake it gets. Subtle gets taken seriously. Also, no rep is as good as a gen. Your not going to beat Rolex at their own game.

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Do you think people with gens routinely show off which way the hands turn on their watch? If you are showing off your nifty hand turning trick, you'll be labeled as having a rep. I've owned two gen Subs and never did that once. The more you brag about how great your watch is, the more fake it gets. Subtle gets taken seriously. Also, no rep is as good as a gen. Your not going to beat Rolex at their own game.

I absolutely love how you could interpret my action.. LOL..

Seriously, do you think the hand trick will be carry out yrself and purposely show it to others? Of cos not, the hand trick is to be carried out by strangers, friends or admirer of yr franken Rolex..

The super franken Rolex is mean to be rep proof. Can withstand all kind of possible test to trying to call out yr watch. But no, I will make sure to eliminate all the possibility and withstand the ultimate test. Are yr friends going to pop open yr franken Rolex to try verify its a gen? No...

Its real embarassing to have yr Rolex call out as rep. I know alot will say, just say its rep.. Jesus, in a group of old schoolmate meeting. You are going to tell everybody you wear a rep? They will stare at you as you are a murderer...

No way. If they ask to try handling yr Rolex, are you going to reject them? No.. That will raise suspicion. What happen one of the strangers handling yr rep happens who own Rolex and know how 3135 works? Isn't it embarass to let them call it out? Ok, so far, those of my friends who handle it has not unscrew my Rolex crown and try turning it.. Cos I think its quite rude to do that..

But who knows one day somebody might do that... Creating the ultimate franken Rolex is now one of my top priority.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Most of my friends wear gen Rolex. I own a gen Rolex. They introduced me to it. I wear my Breitling frankens among them without fear. They don't know shit about Breitlings. But I wouldn't dare wear just any Rolex rep with them. We don't provoke the rules of probability against us.

Unless maybe when it's a BK TW WM9... :)

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Like everyone has pointed out, there are way too many tells and flaws, of course in HERE, repdom, we see all the flaws which 99% of the people won't know they're there. To tell you the truth all you need to make a great 16610 sub is:

1. $200 Noob Submariner
2. $15 watchmaterial Pearl
3. Gen Dial $140-ish if you look hard enough
4. Gen Crown and tube: $45-ish + $work

It won't be perfect but it will be a damn good franken all under $500.

giobo

6/5/10
Like everyone has pointed out, there are way too many tells and flaws, of course in HERE, repdom, we see all the flaws which 99% of the people won't know they're there. To tell you the truth all you need to make a great 16610 sub is:

1. $200 Noob Submariner

Does the noob get gen parts??I think noone has done it before..

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I know I am not too big of a help here, but Coop, is really a smartass even though he said otherwise. :)
But you have good advice from some really nice folks including Coopers.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

coop

Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
Thanks R2. :)

Tappin on my EVO

agrigoras

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/10
How's the lume on WM pearls? If I'm not mistaken, unless the dial size is waaay off on noobs, you could just trim the feet and use some double sided tape. no?

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11

1. $200 Noob Submariner

A noob won't take a gen 16610 dial.

And if anyone finds a gen 16610 dial for $140, I'll pay you double for it on the spot.

How's the lume on WM pearls? If I'm not mistaken, unless the dial size is waaay off on noobs, you could just trim the feet and use some double sided tape. no?
Opening is too large. A gen dial will fall through the rehaut of a Noob.

rsh

3/4/10
yeah, agreed with sneed, 140 or less buys you an old tritium dial with dead lume.
noob dial is very good, just needs a lume job.

lume on wm pearl is hit and miss, usually bright in dark but most pearls are underfilled with lume sio it can appear dark

SmqSub

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/10
You take the gen pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the rep pill, you stay in Wonderland, and we and this forum show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Very good ;)

Blue is the colour!