• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello again

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
I decided to make a comeback after having (most of) the year off. I've still been lurking around, but sold most of my collection off.

After a spate of g-shocks, gen purchases (and subsequent sales) and forays into new and old hobbies alike, I decided that I missed the rep scene. Interestingly, none of the gen purchases I made were anywhere near as exciting as the unboxing of a super-rep. To this day I remember clearly how my heart raced, how my face contorted into a relentlessly rigid, clown-like smile and how proud I was of my first rep purchase... Within a few months I had been through that process 30 odd times and each was exciting and satisfying, even with the defective ones in a weird way - it was a project to get them sorted, to visit my watch guy and watch and learn while he worked on them for me...

I guess it all comes down to my expectations - regardless of how much I read and studied, I don't think anything could have prepared me for the quality of some of our reps, and therefore - even after becoming 'seasoned' - my expectations were pretty much always exceeded to the point of being all but obliterated!

Conversely, the arrival of my gens just didn't evoke the same sort of reaction.... don't get me wrong - I was still super excited, but it was just different. I guess, after owning so many reps that are brilliantly close to the real thing, have a story and are more interesting by way of the tiny faults that they often have, the gens had a pretty high standard to surpass, especially taking the cost:benefit into account. (i know a lot of people don't agree, and that's okay by me. Personally that was enough reason for me to proudly say that reps are where it's at for me and iIt wasn't long before the gen SA and Carrera Day Date I picked up (priced right) were sold - I had owned both reps, the SA being a hyper franken that I still own - and have helped fund my 15 watch return to rep purchasing! :)

I've gotta say - I'm pretty darned excited! :-D

On the way are (among others)

- Chopard MM GMT
- Tag GC 36
- Tag Link Chrono
- Porsche GMT titanium
- V3 BCE
- Hublot BB with better rotor
- Breitling Montbrilliant legende
- etc etc

It's good to be back :)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Welcome back. I've just returned also from a brief spell of non-watch activity and it's good to get the feet wet again.

Nice to see you back.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
I was wondering if we'd ever see you again. ;)

PecMan

4/5/09
hi, im back as well , now im gonne again , c ya!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hey bro! that small thing you wanted shall be done sometime tonight mate.

Col

shandroid

13/9/10
Hey bro! that small thing you wanted shall be done sometime tonight mate.

Col

Thank you sir

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.621016,153.128195"]Google Maps[/ame]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk