• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help identifying and sourcing a part

Drew

Known Member
19/7/07
I need help finding two replacement parts one is the part with the red arrow it screws into the stem however the stem is snapped off in mine, and the second part is the small spring thats located inside the crown.

scrown-1.png

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
I think that part is the stem, or a stem extender. It might screw out of the crown. If not, it is part of the crown. You can dissolve the broken off stem by using alum powder and water. There is a tut on it somewhere.

In the US, you can probably get the parts from Ofrei.com

In the UK or Europe, cousinsuk.com

Drew

Known Member
19/7/07
Its been in it since thursday night I am not noticeing much difference other then its getting a bit black on the end.

I am thinking is probally quicker tracking down a part then trying to disolve it.

Its not a stem extender... the part with the red arrow fits inside the part above it... its a cylinder shape with almost like a nut on the end that "keys" into the part above so you can adjust the time on the watch after you unscrew it and pull it out... behind the part is a small spring... if you disassemble the part pictured above you get the crown... the small spring, the part that screws out of the crown and then the part I need that fits inside that part... Ill try and take a picture of it disassebled... its hard to explain since I am not a watch builder and know all the techincal terms.

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
FYI, It will take a good 10 to 15 days, or more, to dissolve the stem. The goal is to do it without harming any of the harder metals, and to that end alum solution works very slowly.

It still sounds like its either the stem or a stem extender to me. All that is generally included in the crown/stem assembly is crown, stem, and sometimes a spring and a stem extender. It could possibly be an adapter of some sort to correct the thread size? Maybe someone else can chime in who has this particular model.

Drew

Known Member
19/7/07
crowntube.png

looks like the part near the bottem left but i think thats a crown tube, so you can see the hex part with the threads in the actual crown I am guessing its simmilar to that.

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11
Good luck. Honestly, your best bet is just to find a whole new crown. Finding internal parts for a rep crown is going to be tough.

What watch is it for?

Drew

Known Member
19/7/07
Its still in the solution its working but really slowly every day I change the solution and put boiled water in from a kettle.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
From 14060 or 16610 in that thread.

Hi Francisco, excellent tutorial. I have done this with toilet bowl cleaner, and it takes only hours, maybe a day or two at the most. Toilet bowl cleaner with approximately 10% hydrochloric acid diluted with water will do the trick and will be much faster. It will not harm the o-rings. I rinse afterwards in baking soda mixed with water to neutralize.

Drew

Known Member
19/7/07
well after giving up on alum and going to drain cleaner... today while checking the part it flew out of my tweezers and who knows ware it went I spent 30 min looking for it on the floor but gave up

I got a better picture of the part I lost, I measured the crown its 7mm the shaft is 2mm and the part on the watch body that it screws into is 4.38mm i have been trying to find a replacment

P9280166.jpg

P92801662.jpg

Drew

Known Member
19/7/07
For anyone who is interested I was able to find the parts and fix the crown... cost about 7.50 GBP :) and it took alot less time then trying to disovle the existing parts.