• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch case ..What do you think...?

PANERA

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/06
00019448.jpg

00019450.jpg

00019445.jpg

00019447.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Man that looks awesone, i mean thas looks sooooooooooo beautiful!!! May i ask source/price???

PANERA

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/06
I dont want to break the forum rules...Only I can say The model name savanora 111 :)

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
That's really something. I want one

...and there is just something right about those pams in it!

I did a search using the title you gave but can't find anything on it or its brethren

glad4817

Known Member
11/9/11
From Turkey? I picked up an amazing bag there earlier in the year, with very similar leather.

PANERA

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/06
:popcorn:pls check the savanora straps at google with picture options and you will find the other products of that turkish guy who produces for gen world

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Awesome for the PAMs
Congrats

D

d4m.test

THAT is one beautiful watch case. Have fun filling it up.

dave

Pizzanooo

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Was looking at those today. Liked the idea of removing the insert inside to store in a case if gone. Then I thought why bother doing that on this one, the rest of the case is not that much thicker and just chuck the whole thing in your safe.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
checked out the site but couldn't find that particular case ... must be having a senior moment.

I can buy other cases for under $100 but seriously in this case, that'd be like buying a Hyundai compared to a Bentley

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
It's against forum rules for you to tell us where you bought a watch box?

If that's true, that's VERY bizarre.

What possible harm could come from that information?

I dont want to break the forum rules...Only I can say The model name savanora 111 :)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm wondering the same thing.
Is the seller Captain Morgan or something??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
that box is reallllllly supeeeeeerb! I may end up dreaming about it!

But man, $600 for a case is a bit steep for me... ;)

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
$600 too steep? The concept we each have of value is of real interest to me .... I can see the hours of work and months/years of thought that has gone into the crafting of this case - to me, it is true craftsmanship and worth far more than the money that will buy one - and it will age beautifully over many years and LAST many years as well. Imagine how cost-effective it is when the buyer of one of these NEVER again has to even think about buying another one. (until you need more watch space of course.....heh)

I design and make cabinets that cost $5000-$9000 and people sometimes sh1t themselves when I tell them the price - I respect that the price comes as a shock to folks because we live in a world where throw away crap seems cheap (until you find yourself buying 5 or 6 of the same thing over your lifetime, instead of the right one once, that lasts many generations) and because so many of us have no real concept of what goes into producing a product ... so I explain that it takes at least 40 hours to design a one off, (not including years of research - and ongoing study .... I have a design library at home, approaching 800 books on the subject of period architectural design) then I will buy the materials which may range in price from $1000 - $3000 for example. Some material like knobs and handles come from other countries because in Australia, the offering is pretty crap - the last cabinet I did I bought the handles from Italy and they cost $370 for two .... theyre handmade in Pewter and around 12 inches long. Anyway, I do the research into these kinds of things, then strongly urge clients to invest in them over the locally available things.

Then I personally go and get the base material (timber or manufactured board etc.) so I can ensure it is correct, dry enough and free of faults. Then I start to make. This process is closer to prototyping than manufacture, because only an ultra small number will be made, then there won't be any more. In my case, each piece is usually a one-off.

... so I make it, finish it, authentically age it if required (this isn't hitting it with a rock every few inches), deliver it, install it, warranty it blah blah blah.

The hands-on process alone can take weeks.

So, in the case of my last piece it took 3 weeks to physically make and materials cost $1157. I got $5100 for it. So I made $1300 per week, NOT including design, research, purchasing and pickup.... and I haven't taken tax, rent, utilities, fuel, insurances, phone or marketing expenses out yet.

Understand that I am NOT complaining for a moment - I have made my life like it is and am grateful every day to be above-ground and doing something I truly love. To survive though, I do 20 hours per week as a branding consultant ... this helps pay the bills and and avoid paying divorce lawyers.

:D

Apologies for the rant ... OK back to work! heh

... for anyone interested, here is a link to some of my work, such as it is

http://photobucket.com/SteveAClientWork