• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about DJII

HOLYMOLY

Horology Curious
20/10/11
Hi, I plan on ordering a DJII A2836-2 from Timeshops and was wondering if anyone out there has one from them. I was wondering how the weight is on the watch? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine recently bought one, not sure where he got it from but he paid $100 for it, and to be honest, the watch was soo light, that it felt like a plastic watch. Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys before placing my order because I do not want a watch that feels like it's only worth $5, I want a watch with some weight, like I actually paid for something. THanks in advanced!

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Should be about the same as the gen within an ounce. DJ's are not the heaviest watches to begin with though.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Great watch, great price... Your friend's watch isn't in this league, trust me ...

HOLYMOLY

Horology Curious
20/10/11
Thanks a lot guys, going to place an order today and will post some QC pics as soon as I get them. Thanks again!

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
I have one of the DJII's from timeshop and its really nice, great feel/weight. you won't be disappointed. Of all the rolex reps I have, I feel like it is the closest to gen of any of them...

a couple pics of mine...

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
bigdeal...that looks great. Are the roman numerals lumed like the stick marker at 9 and if so how is the lume ?? (color and brightness??)

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
bigdeal...that looks great. Are the roman numerals lumed like the stick marker at 9 and if so how is the lume ?? (color and brightness??)

No, on this particular model the roman numerals are just printed on the dial - outlines only. the only Lume is on the small marker @ 9, and the hands.

FWIW, I really like the printed style, I think it makes the watch a little "younger"...

HOLYMOLY

Horology Curious
20/10/11
I have one of the DJII's from timeshop and its really nice, great feel/weight. you won't be disappointed. Of all the rolex reps I have, I feel like it is the closest to gen of any of them...

a couple pics of mine...

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

Nice watch! I thought about getting the Black dial but I think I'm leaning more towards the white. I also want like the Roman Numerals, but I want the Jubilee bracelet with it and the white dial with roman numerals is not an option. Thanks for the input and I can't wait to get mine.

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Thanks for the info. Lumed numerals or not it looks great. Congrats.

D

d4m.test

:thumbsup:nice watch!! bigdeal...that is my model of choice as well for a dressy Rolex. Is the bracelet like the milgauss style?

any one who hasn't handled a gen should, you will be surprised how close they feel & may be surprised how light gen as well as rep is.

HOLYMOLY

Horology Curious
20/10/11
Just placed my order from Time Shop, any idea what the next step is? How long until I hear from Mark and get QC pics, etc?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Just placed my order from Time Shop, any idea what the next step is? How long until I hear from Mark and get QC pics, etc?

First payment compulsory to start the process

If you have already payd, four five days for QC pics, perhaps maximum a week. It depends on availability

After acceptation QC pics: Two-Three days for shipment, perhaps a max of five

From shipment to your home depends on system of transport and Country (six-seven days to about 45 days). But you will have the tracking and you will be able to consult every half hour (first rep perhaps every five minutes). Very exciting and stressing!!!

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10

If you have already payd, four five days for QC pics, perhaps maximum a week. It depends on availability

From shipment to your home depends on system of transport and Country (six-seven days to about 45 days). But you will have the tracking and you will be able to consult every half hour (first rep perhaps every five minutes). Very exciting and stressing!!!

that about sums it up...

Is the bracelet like the milgauss style?

Yup, same one...

HOLYMOLY

Horology Curious
20/10/11

Thanks for the heads up. First rep, already can't wait to have it on my wrist SMH

cobra8272

Horology Curious
9/7/11
Bought a watch from Timeshops recently.

Very quick service 15 days from order to delivery in Australia

including QC pics

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
all the sub-200 dollar reps i have bought have easily been worth what i paid. some of my 90$ rollies are very nice (especally for less than a hundie) and i wear them all the time. don't expect it to be indistinguishable next to a gen, but on the wrist and in some cases in the hand they certainly look and feel the part. enjoy your rep when it arrives :)

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09

a couple pics of mine...

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

Very nice looking one!!

One tell for this one is that the rep case and crown are for white gold versions, whereas the Gen is steel.

However that is only noticeable when you sit with the watch. I bet it looks great on the wrist.

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
I have a gen and it feels very light so don't worry about that. I've seen plenty of dj reps too and even the cheapest ones are very close to gen. Excellent buy for the money I'm sure you'll be over the moon when it arrives.

HOLYMOLY

Horology Curious
20/10/11
Thanks again to everyone, I placed my order a couple days back and just waiting on my QC pics. Hopefully I get lucky like some people out there who gets their package in 10-15 days from day of order. Keeping my fingers crossed