• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My PO keeps stopping? Help please

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
For as far as I know you should not have to wind an automatic watch every couple of days, at least if it is worn you should not. If you do, it may need to be sent for service. Katt fixed a couple for me with no problems... Upon return, they worked find - I am wearing onr right now and it runs like a tank without being wound.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
UPO, PO, Planet Ocean, 21J, ETA, Clone ETA = Automatic. :) As Believer and Bones said, they are automatics and if you had to wind them, they either needed a service or you are not active enough to keep the watch wound or a combination of the two.

Unscrew crown to the winding position. 2nd position is Date Set. 3rd position is time set.

stefanp67

Horology Curious
5/8/10
The 21j is automatic but the rotor only winds one way and people just don't move around as much as we used to (in the good old days) so giving it 20-40 turns every couple of days is necessary. If you can keep it running without winding it every couple of days then i guess you will probably have a long and healthy life a head of you :D.

Game2KFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/11
24 hours later, still running :)

To test if this is manual or automatic, i will not wind the watch until it stops again. I'll keep you guys posted.

BTW, does the gen PO have to be wound up every couple of days. Seems pretty cheap considering it costs thousands of dollars

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
It all depends on how active you are. If you wear it a few hours and then take it off and also don't wear it at night, sure it's going to stop. If you wear it 24/7 and are moderately active, you shouldn't have to wind it ever.

A7750's are a little harder to keep wound since the rotor only winds in one direction rather than the two direction of most movements. Even moderately active people may have to occasionally wind them.

stiff muckler

Known Member
26/8/10
2500s & even da 8500s

BTW, does the gen PO have to be wound up every couple of days. Seems pretty cheap considering it costs thousands of dollars

Don't killlllllllll da messenger!

Da calibre 2500's & even a few of da 8500's just stop because de don't want to run any more. Da coaxial escapement ist fraught with problems in Omega's application of it in the PO. Der are various technical bulletins addressing these issues.

sm iiH!

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
24 hours later, still running :)

To test if this is manual or automatic, i will not wind the watch until it stops again. I'll keep you guys posted.

Buddy.... There is no test... A 21J watch is an automatic. But most automatic movements also allow you to wind the watch manually.

Your 21J is not charging automatically for some reason, and it appears to be a common problem.

While it MAY happen on the gen, it shouldn't. FWIW, my gen PO 45.5mm does not need winding...... EVER.

If it did, I'd lose my mind and let loose on the AD who sold it to me.

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
I have a PORIKKA 42mm and I've never had to manually wind it. Same with my Aquaracer, all just lowly A21J. Time-keeping ain't too bad either. Am I just lucky?

....actually I did have a POS Omega fantasy someone bought me from a market-stall in Malaysia, that I'm guessing was also a 21J. Would stop even though I was wearing it. Needed shaking vigorously (probably a stuck rotor) to get it going again but crap power reserve.