• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another broken 292K from the H-Factory

clkgtr37

Known Member
14/7/10
I have read a couple threads on this, and sure enough it happened to me. I got out of my car and the watch felt odd. I looked at it, and sure enough, the strap is barely hanging on to the 1 remaining arm. I immediately took it off and photographed it, and then found the arm had fallen off and was on my chair. I put it back together and the thing is loose at best. Note: I had never changed the strap before or ever messed with the screws, it just flat broke... bummer. Any ideas for a fix?

Pics:
2921.jpg

2922.jpg

SteveG

29/6/06
do you have the other part of the bar? the center connector piece might still be in the strap, they usually get hung up in there.

also, for future reference you should loctite the screws that hold the bars in, most likely you lost a screw or two and that's why it fell apart. Apparently this happens with the gen too. the only problem is getting pvd bars and screws is extremely hard.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I have pvd bars for the dsn 292, dunno if they fit, as the dsn case is very different.
you could try to ask dsn if he'll sell you some, or if he declines you can get one from me.

clkgtr37

Known Member
14/7/10
I have all the parts (bars, screws, and that little thing that connects the bars), however even with the screws at their tightest now, the bars still wobble like crazy and can pull out with the strap is tugged (like when putting the watch on). Any ideas if a new set would fix it, or is there a possibility that it is the casing?

SteveG

29/6/06
No, the bars and screws are a little tricky. If you haven't stripped the screws (which seems common of all things cheaply made in China), then I would try to re-seat the bar and screw that you have.

The bar has a slightly flatter tip where the screw should meet up with it inside the case. Unless it is perfect it will wobble, it takes a little patience. The trick is getting both ends in (you need to squeeze a little bit) then get it where that screw catches the flat end.

Not sure if I made that clear

thebuyingseller

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/11
i really like this watch... but this issue, plus crown stripping is making me think twice/thrice of getting one...

clkgtr37

Known Member
14/7/10
Guys, I appreciate the advice. I tried re-seating the arms again and they are still wobbly. Also, I took time to check it out, and the screws are not stripped and even when screwed tight, the arms still wobble. Is there a chance the screws aren't long enough and not properly pressing against the cut in the arm?

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
The trick, as already stated, is to get the tip of the screw to push against the flat spot of the lug. I found that I had to make several tries at getting the lug in the proper position inside the case.

I always checked all four lugs before I put the watch on. Got tired of that ritual. Sold the watch.

Best of luck to you.

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
I think lugs and screws from Panatime are a perfect fit on the 292k. The only problem being that they are in steel and not pvd.....I was thinking maybe we could buy those lugs and screws in bulk and get them pvd/dlc from someone on the forum.....There are people who do it.....I think this would sell like hot cakes......292k owners would buy a set or two, spare to gear up for an eventual catastrophe......I know I would.

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
I would ask around and go to friendly places like Mary from Watch International or Silix crew for spares. Silix used to be able to get the steel and PVD ones for about the same as Panatime with shipping inc (I am in Europe so Panatime shipping is a murder).

juancodb

Known Member
4/7/09
I think lugs and screws from Panatime are a perfect fit on the 292k. The only problem being that they are in steel and not pvd.....I was thinking maybe we could buy those lugs and screws in bulk and get them pvd/dlc from someone on the forum.....There are people who do it.....I think this would sell like hot cakes......292k owners would buy a set or two, spare to gear up for an eventual catastrophe......I know I would.

I'm in for two sets... I haven't encounter any problem yet, but you never know...