• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex DJ II - TT/Slate/green

Royster629

5/1/11
I just picked up this amazing watch. Pictures cannot do it justice. I was just in a staff meeting and caught at least 5 office mates staring at it instead of paying attention.

Love the color combo as it really comes together on the wrist. Has all the details such as rehault engraving, etched crown in crystal at 6:00, and case back engravings. Very nice weight, solid construction, and reeks of quality.

If anyone is on the fence on this one, just jump you'll be glad you did.

aefc6abe-3978-035c.jpg

aefc6abe-39a4-0b58.jpg

aefc6abe-3b6b-6f6c.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
looks nice, but is the green paint suppose to overlap the numbers like that?

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
looks nice, but is the green paint suppose to overlap the numbers like that?

Yeah, I think the color is just overflowing on that dial...

Checkout this picture of another identical rep but without the green mess on the dial....

31566039.jpg

Where did you get your watch from?

I just can't decide if I should pick up a SS version or the Two tone version. It's the gold that I like but I am afraid of the gold coating fading away on the rep.

Royster629

5/1/11
Granted, this the 21j, $120 (including shipping) version so the dial is not perfect. To my normal old eyes, it still looks nice on the wrist. Of course overexposed 1.2M cellphone pictures at 2-4x do accentuate the flaws.

Still, for the price, I'm more than happy. BTW, this one was from WBK.

I'm sure the $200+ asian and eta versions are better. And, of course, if you want perfect, there's always the $10K gen... and the 18K gold won't fade off either! :) LOL

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Nice combination of colours

D

d4m.test

As I said in weekly WC: THAT is one beautiful watch!! I never noticed the "overlapping" green on the romans until someone mentioned it; then, after looking closer for a while, saw SOMETHING. A minor detail... .

dave

mikeyp

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/11
Utterly stunning watch probably next in the lust list !!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Royster629

5/1/11
Utterly stunning watch probably next in the lust list !!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

As I said in weekly WC: THAT is one beautiful watch!! I never noticed the "overlapping" green on the romans until someone mentioned it; then, after looking closer for a while, saw SOMETHING. A minor detail... .

dave

Thanks guys. It is amazing in person. I have to say, I didn't notice the "green overrun" until mentioned here as well and I've been staring at it for almost 24 hours (minus sleep of course). I still can't really see it with the naked eye, especially with indoor lightling.... I can definitely live with it.

I can highly recommend this model regardless of movement... it can only be better with the higher end versions.... and that has to be drop dead gorgeous!

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
This is possibly the only gold watch I would ever consider! lol

The all-SS is nice as well but the gold and green just seem to set each other off :)

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Indeed Rolex DJ series rep is always very accurate. If you are particular About accuracy. Get the A2836, then go for cyclop AR job and finally a relume for everthing about less than $400. I dare to say this watch is almost identical to gen.

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Granted, this the 21j, $120 (including shipping) version so the dial is not perfect. To my normal old eyes, it still looks nice on the wrist. Of course overexposed 1.2M cellphone pictures at 2-4x do accentuate the flaws.

Still, for the price, I'm more than happy. BTW, this one was from WBK.

I'm sure the $200+ asian and eta versions are better. And, of course, if you want perfect, there's always the $10K gen... and the 18K gold won't fade off either! :) LOL

Seriously mate....even if your's is with a 21j movement it should not have those flaws on your dial.....I was also thinking of getting a TT 21j from Timesshop assuming that it would have the same dial as in the more expensive Asian ETA but I could be way off on this one....

Royster629

5/1/11
I can't say I disagree, so this is good guidance for others. Go for the higher end... you get what you pay for. I'm okay with this one as it suits my needs and budget at the moment. Not to say, based on this one, I might grab an asian ETA clone in the future. Really wanted to see this color combo in person... and boy IT WORKS!

aefec478-5008-717a.jpg

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Indeed Rolex DJ series rep is always very accurate. If you are particular About accuracy. Get the A2836, then go for cyclop AR job and finally a relume for everthing about less than $400. I dare to say this watch is almost identical to gen.

What's supposed to be the correct lume color/hue on the djII?