• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[VIDEO] OBRIS MORGAN Unboxing and Review

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
Hey ALL !

My Obris watch is here, shipping with DHL, 36 hours from Honk Kong to Poprad !!! AMAZING ! And they messed up my order, wanted yellow hands got orange... They said "We are deeply apologies for this terrible mistake. I think my colleague didn't check it clearly. Next time, I will follow by myself." , ahh well. Never mind going to mod this watch anyhow :)

VIDEO:

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBUDdf5TpzQ[/AME]

Photos:

s6303711.jpg

s6303712.jpg

s6303713.jpg

s6303714l.jpg

s6303715.jpg

s6303716b.jpg

s6303717.jpg

s6303718.jpg

s6303719.jpg

s6303721.jpg

s6303722.jpg

s6303723.jpg

s6303724.jpg

s6303725.jpg

s6303726.jpg

s6303727w.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Everything looks good, but a DG2813 and a display back :/ I hope you're putting a nicer looking movement in there. How much are these btw? The packaging and presentation look very professional.

jcrry2

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/09
cool watch and i like the video.

did you order from thier web site? they have some nice watches

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
The watch will be soon on bund strap, and I will create my own rotor :) been thinking also for some radioactive logo rotor, we will see.

THis watch cost me 120€. Including DHL shipping and all fees.

A bit pricey for 21J movement but I was looking long time to get me some nice watch with Radioactive logo on the dial :)

cool watch and i like the video.

did you order from thier web site? they have some nice watches

Thank you, yes I ordered from their site, their communication is really fast also.

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
Obris Morgan is really interesting!

They've got a German inspired brand aesthetic and design focus, albeit using Chinese labour and parts. A brand like this has the potential to go a LONG way with just a slight bit of fine tuning.

If they put some Seagull's or 7750s (Swiss or otherwise) in their watches they would surely be some of the best looking pieces in their price range.

This one looks great Kenny and it's just a good feeling to receive a nicely packaged watch sometimes.

Wear it in health.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound snobby there. Just seemed a shame when everything else looks awesome to put such a movement in it. But let's wait and see what happens when you work your magic ;)

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
Love the video.

Whats the website?

Thanks mate, website is

http://www.obrismorgan.com/

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound snobby there. Just seemed a shame when everything else looks awesome to put such a movement in it. But let's wait and see what happens when you work your magic ;)

Yeah, but looks like after my communication with them regarding movements they have changed plans for the new watch !!!!

THey had there 21J movement, now they put there SWISS QUARTZ instead ! :D so we will see.

Obris Morgan is really interesting!

They've got a German inspired brand aesthetic and design focus, albeit using Chinese labour and parts. A brand like this has the potential to go a LONG way with just a slight bit of fine tuning.

If they put some Seagull's or 7750s (Swiss or otherwise) in their watches they would surely be some of the best looking pieces in their price range.

This one looks great Kenny and it's just a good feeling to receive a nicely packaged watch sometimes.

Wear it in health.

Thanks mate, yes that is what I was exactly saying to them. I also told them people like more real chrono instead the fake one. I also said them to try out some quartz watches, and looks like the new project have turned from automatic to quartz !

So I will keep watching it and we will see ! :)

It is regarding this watch

index_24.jpg

Before my communication with them, regarding emails (5-6 long emails, nice talk btw !) I see now they have changed the automatic movement for the SWISS QUARTZ ! As you can see on the small picture, if it would be automatic movement, you can see there name of months and days, so if that watch will be real chrono and it will look good, maybe my possible next buy... we will see :)

And thank you, can't wait to mod the SHIT OUT OF IT ! lol :D

And the packaging is really ultra solid, I must say, the 50% of my purchase was the packaging of it.

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
Thank you Ken,

yeah ! Hope you will all love it :)

still thinking if the custom rotor mod would be possible and successful, it it would not be bad put it on bracelet instead bund :D

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Very nice Kenny...Have fun with your new watch!

maleth

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/1/11
Awesome watch wear it well mate,,,,,by the way some super lume magic of yours and it glows like torch.......

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
That's a cool looking watch - regardless of the movement.
But I must say I'd rather have it with a 2813 than with quartz. There's just something about an automatic movement that SEEMS like a higher end watch.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
A DG2813 would be okay if they used a nicely engraved solid caseback instead. That 3D dial is pretty cool though.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I like it also, very nice watch and the packaging is top notch.

jcrry2

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/09
i think im gonna buy one of the cronos they sale.
they have some good looking watches.

D

d4m.test

GREAT video and pics Kenny! Thanks much. Nice looking watch, and the packaging is VERY impressive; the watch itself is a name I've never heard of before. That's why I love this site -- a lot to learn. finally, I admire your bi-lingual skills, Kenny. I know it's a challege learning English. Always admired bi-lingual people.

Cheers!

dave

vpx

Renowned Member
2/11/10
Actually the guy on the cover is from Modern Warfare 2, but GET OUT OF HERE S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

ArIIo.jpg

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
Very nice Kenny...Have fun with your new watch!

Thank you mate, I sure will have ! :)

Awesome watch wear it well mate,,,,,by the way some super lume magic of yours and it glows like torch.......

THanks buddy ! :) I am alraedy thinking aqua hands and dial, with green logo :) lume

That's a cool looking watch - regardless of the movement.
But I must say I'd rather have it with a 2813 than with quartz. There's just something about an automatic movement that SEEMS like a higher end watch.

haha yeah, and even this is cheap 21J GMT movement, it is still more pricey like an quartz that cost 5 USD :D

A DG2813 would be okay if they used a nicely engraved solid caseback instead. That 3D dial is pretty cool though.

exactly, then don't needed to have it caseback, or they could make some metallic sticker for the rotor.

We will see, I would like to 3D print my own rotor for this watch.

I like it also, very nice watch and the packaging is top notch.

i think im gonna buy one of the cronos they sale.
they have some good looking watches.

GREAT video and pics Kenny! Thanks much. Nice looking watch, and the packaging is VERY impressive; the watch itself is a name I've never heard of before. That's why I love this site -- a lot to learn. finally, I admire your bi-lingual skills, Kenny. I know it's a challege learning English. Always admired bi-lingual people.

Cheers!

dave

haha thank you bbphrog :D Yeah I like the packaging also, like ORIS packagig.

Haha yes english is not my native language :) thank you.

Actually the guy on the cover is from Modern Warfare 2, but GET OUT OF HERE S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

ArIIo.jpg

HAHA NICE catch ! Yeah It would be STALKER if the arm flag would be Russian lol :D

Now when you find the original picture, you can go an sue them lol :D