• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO 42mm black bezel QC help!

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
Hello, ive recently ordered the 42mm PO from Angus and i got these QC pictures. Im having doubts on whether theyre the latest version of UPO with the correct he valve position and serial number engravings. Let me know what you guys think!

And if there are irregularities on this particular piece please point out, it will be greatly appreciated! So far, i only see 1 apart from the HE valve in the wrong position, the pearl is a bit off to the right and not centered.

Thanks!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Globe at the back, ok. Serial i think i can see something but need a more clear photo. The pearl is a common problem on po so no major problem also. What i dont like is the logo at the dial... It is too close to the letters and i think it isnt even too...

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Globe at the back, ok. Serial i think i can see something but need a more clear photo. The pearl is a common problem on po so no major problem also. What i dont like is the logo at the dial... It is too close to the letters and i think it isnt even too...
Logo close to dial is correct cos his is 42mm version.

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
No serial at 7 lug that I can see:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316595653982810.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Get one with a SN#, higher HEV. These more recent 5GPO's have been so-so.

UPO = 45.5mm
PO = 42mm

dan_j

5/11/10
Another 5GPO with lower HEV and the logo on the dial is too low again now?...They have really taken a step back for those watches...

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
I've mentioned this to Angus and he said this PO is the correct version. The serial number is present, I'm not really sure about the HE valve though.. :( Heres a few more pics that he sent me.

What do you guys think? Should I decline the watch and ask for a replacement? What do you think about the pearl? It doesn't seem centered to me..

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
The triangle that the pearl mounts in. Yours is more centred and the black part to the crystal is bolder.

However it still looks like your 20 is not straight.....

Omega_007

Horology Curious
31/8/11
The HE valve is definitely in the wrong position.

Glad I got mine when I did.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
The HE valve is definitely in the wrong position.

+1

As for the pearl, I am sure i read somewhere that the black bezel PO's are worse for misaligned pearls, compared with the orange bezel PO's.

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
+1

As for the pearl, I am sure i read somewhere that the black bezel PO's are worse for misaligned pearls, compared with the orange bezel PO's.

Yea, you're right. All the orange bezel that I've seen has almost perfectly centred pearls. And the pearl colouring is white, unlike the black counterpart. The pearl looks greenish and I have yet to see one perfectly aligned pearl.

Dang, if Angus can't source me one with the correct HE valve, I think I should just get a different watch. IWC, perhaps? Suggestions?

Don't know if he'll let me do this though.. :(

jgm1944

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/11
I was going to order a 42mm PO a month ago but Mary (a trusted dealer on another forum) said there weren't any good ones available. At the time it didn't make sense to me, as I thought the PO reps had reached a high level of accuracy, but now I understand. Looks like we're going to have to wait for them to sort things out.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
I think the real issue here is, does the watch in the QC pictures match the description and pictures on the dealer site that you ordered it through?
If it does, then the dealer may be correct in saying that this PO is the "correct" version (even if it is a slightly older version).
If it doesn't, then you are well within your rights to insist on QC photos which truly reflect their advertised product.
Could you post a few pictures from the dealer site for us to compare with the QC photos?

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
The HE valve is better placed on the dealer site photos, so I would definitely be asking dealer to source another watch.
Maybe the dealer is trying to clear some older stock and hoping that a percentage of buyers won't bother too much.
Either way don't accept the watch until it matches the advertised one.